Obama: 'I'd appreciate a little break'

Geee

Obama-Id-appreciate-a-little-break-104126174.html
Washington Examiner:

By: BYRON YORK
Chief Political Correspondent
09/30/10 10:35 PM EDT

It's often remarked that President Obama has enjoyed a number of getaways, vacations, and mini-vacations during his 20 months in office. But at a Democratic fundraiser Thursday night, the president said, "I'd appreciate a little break."

The fundraiser -- $30,400 per person -- was at the home of Linda Douglass, the former CBS and ABC News reporter who joined the Obama White House to sell national health care to a skeptical public. Douglass is now a top executive at Atlantic Media, the Washington-based company that runs The Atlantic, National Journal, and other publications. Douglass' husband, John Phillips, is a wealthy lawyer, and according to a White House pool report, he introduced Obama tonight by saying, "I can remember walking down those snowy streets of Des Moines in the primary…We sleep much better knowing that you are our president at this difficult time."

According to the pool report, Obama thanked Phillips for the work he and his wife have done for Team Obama. Then the president mentioned that Phillips and Douglass have an opulent place in Italy and wondered why there had been no invitation to visit. "I'd appreciate a little break and some Tuscan sun," the president said, according to the pool report. "Some pasta. I can use it."

Obama reportedly spoke about 15 minutes. After the dinner, he left the Phillips/Douglass home and headed to DAR Constitutional Hall, where he addressed the Democratic National Committee rap concert/fundraiser. Then, it was back to the White House by 9:45 pm, where the president presumably was able to get a little rest.

Wow! So even with a reportable income of $5 million, he thinks that his hosts owe him an invitation to their place in Italy?

In addition to that this story gets to me on so many levels-his always needing a vacation-what did he become president for? I guess for vacations. It also points out again-his many press accomplices that were actually reporters, reporting on his campaign during the election cycle, then actually went to work for the administration. Linda Douglas being just one.

He'll get a break - in 2012! LOL!

Yes he will!

Of course, as soon as he gets that break (poor Bammy baby has gone...what...three, or is it four weeks, without a vacation now?!?!?) As soon as he gets that break he'll be off on book signing tours, lording it up with whomever will have him, and raking in cash by the boatload... I only hope someone reminds him that at a certain point he's earned enough!!!!

I'd like the winning lottery number. Wonder which one of us will be more disappointed?

where he addressed the Democratic National Committee rap concert/fundraiser.

? This is just so wrong/stupid in so many ways.

Nothing says reaching out to middle class voters like a rap concert/fundraiser.

He is rude, rude, rude, decent people don't make remarks like that to their host and hostess that are doing something for you. I will be so glad when he's gone

pollyannaish

Hand this guy a cross so he can nail himself to it.

And as far as the little break goes...thanks for asking. I'll make sure to oblige in 2012.