Christine, Sarah, and the Flavors of Right Winning Women

Geee

She bailed on the Sunday talk show circuit, but looked pretty solid on Hannity tonight. She addressed that stupid witch issue firmly, and her finances. She may not be perfect, but she definitely showed she is in touch with what voters are worried about.

She also made another smart move by saying she's going to stay away from national interviews and concentrate on Deleware voters. Given the fact she's been pounded everywhere else like Sarah Palin, I think her handlers have gotten her to realize that other than FNC, she'll never get a fair interview by anybody.

She also made another smart move by saying she's going to stay away from national interviews and concentrate on Deleware voters. Given the fact she's been pounded everywhere else like Sarah Palin, I think her handlers have gotten her to realize that other than FNC, she'll never get a fair interview by anybody.

She should be courting the press and getting her message across rather than hiding under the desk.

Edited by sonofstrangelove

Guest areafiftyone

Christine may have her flaws but I'd rather see Delaware vote her in and "grow her" instead of a re-electing an old fart Conservative pretender who will vote liberal more than right.

The old fart Conservative pretender voted with the GOP 87% of the time. Coons will vote 0%. Believe me, I understand what you are saying but Delaware, being a Northeast state, will never be a Conservative state. I heard Brit Hume say an hour ago that maybe we will luck out and she will get swept into office in a wave of discontent. I want the GOP to win so badly. O'Donnell seems to be a weak candidate but I don't live in Delaware and hopefully the voters won't think that.

Delaware will probably NOT vote O'Donnell in office - if they do it will be an amazing feat for her - Unfortunately the Tea Party should have chosen a stronger conservative candidate with at least some experience in office. Coon's a liberal who is playing it safe. Do you notice he's not saying one disparaging word about O'Donnell like Castle did? He's not going to screw it up for himself. He's slick. O'Donnell is a nice girl but she needs more experience to try to beat a liberal in a liberal state. Its just my opinion but coming from a stinky liberal state - the writing is already on the wall.

Guest areafiftyone

shoutareafiftyone. Ditto on the welcome and love your avatar :lol:

Thank you. I was a little leery about it because the Dark Side to me is the Liberal side - but then I thought - "what the heck - I'm on the good side anyway!" :lol:

Thank you. I was a little leery about it because the Dark Side to me is the Liberal side - but then I thought - "what the heck - I'm on the good side anyway!" :lol:

So I'm sitting here with my morning coffee, and wondering...where are the cookies?!?!?

Welcome areafiftyone :)

Guest areafiftyone

So I'm sitting here with my morning coffee, and wondering...where are the cookies?!?!?

Welcome areafiftyone :)

Thank you for the welcome!

Christine may have her flaws but I'd rather see Delaware vote her in and "grow her" instead of a re-electing an old fart Conservative pretender who will vote liberal more than right.

The old fart Conservative pretender voted with the GOP 87% of the time. Coons will vote 0%. Believe me, I understand what you are saying but Delaware, being a Northeast state, will never be a Conservative state. I heard Brit Hume say an hour ago that maybe we will luck out and she will get swept into office in a wave of discontent. I want the GOP to win so badly. O'Donnell seems to be a weak candidate but I don't live in Delaware and hopefully the voters won't think that.

Delaware will probably NOT vote O'Donnell in office - if they do it will be an amazing feat for her - Unfortunately the Tea Party should have chosen a stronger conservative candidate with at least some experience in office. Coon's a liberal who is playing it safe. Do you notice he's not saying one disparaging word about O'Donnell like Castle did? He's not going to screw it up for himself. He's slick. O'Donnell is a nice girl but she needs more experience to try to beat a liberal in a liberal state. Its just my opinion but coming from a stinky liberal state - the writing is already on the wall.

That avatar is fantastic, A51. One of the things I enjoy about blogs is reading what people from different areas have to say about the different things going on and how their area is reacting to it.

I saw a clip of O'Donnell on FNC early this morning and I agree with what she said. She is not doing any more national tv interviews but is only concentrating on Delaware. With the latest Rasmussen poll numbers, she needs to do that and also to get her mentor, Palin, up there to campaign with her. This is about Delaware but if the GOP loses that seat, it could impact the rest of the country.

Guest areafiftyone

That avatar is fantastic, A51. One of the things I enjoy about blogs is reading what people from different areas have to say about the different things going on and how their area is reacting to it.

I saw a clip of O'Donnell on FNC early this morning and I agree with what she said. She is not doing any more national tv interviews but is only concentrating on Delaware. With the latest Rasmussen poll numbers, she needs to do that and also to get her mentor, Palin, up there to campaign with her. This is about Delaware but if the GOP loses that seat, it could impact the rest of the country.

I'm not too sure if Palin will have much of an impact on Delaware as a whole. Remember O'Donnell only won a Republican primary, no Democrats voted. Palin can be a hindrance in a North East Race. Sometimes putting Palin to campaign in a liberal state can backfire. Remember Christie did not want Palin and he won - Scott Brown did not want Palin and he won. Paladino is now 6 points behind Cuomo and he does not want Palin anywhere near him and Palin did NOT endorse him. Christie did not want Palin to campaign for him he wanted Rudy and so did Scott Brown. They need to let Christine do this on her own. If she has what Delaware wants - she will win. Shoving Palin in the North East is not the way to go. As much as she is liked in the other areas of this country the North East is not Palin friendly country.

Guest areafiftyone

I didn't realize that Castle voted with GOP 87% of the time. I thought he voted with the dims a lot, I know he did on big issues.

The Tea Party wanted to purge him no matter what - I did not like him but they should have left him where he was. Apparently they love Reagan but don't want to follow his rules:

Reagan said that as long as he agreed with someone 80% of the time, he was solidly with them. Sometimes you can become too overzealous to the point of recklessness.

I'm not too sure if Palin will have much of an impact on Delaware as a whole. Remember O'Donnell only won a Republican primary, no Democrats voted. Palin can be a hindrance in a North East Race. Sometimes putting Palin to campaign in a liberal state can backfire. Remember Christie did not want Palin and he won - Scott Brown did not want Palin and he won. Paladino is now 6 points behind Cuomo and he does not want Palin anywhere near him and Palin did NOT endorse him. Christie did not want Palin to campaign for him he wanted Rudy and so did Scott Brown. They need to let Christine do this on her own. If she has what Delaware wants - she will win. Shoving Palin in the North East is not the way to go. As much as she is liked in the other areas of this country the North East is not Palin friendly country.

My question would be did only Republicans vote for O'Donnell or were there Democrats crossing party lines to vote for her since Coons didn't need their vote? O'Donnell only beat Castle by a small percentage. The people who live in Delaware knew how O'Donnell was polling. The Dems wanted her to win.

"My question would be did only Republicans vote for O'Donnell or were there Democrats crossing party lines to vote for her since Coons didn't need their vote? O'Donnell only beat Castle by a small percentage. The people who live in Delaware knew how O'Donnell was polling. The Dems wanted her to win."

Delaware is a closed primary. Dims, as far as I know, didn't have much of a choice. O'Donnell didn't landslide Castle, but she did win by six points, I think about six thousand votes. It was the largest primary in Delaware for quite some time. If she can maintain the momentum, who knows...maybe she can win it. She has plenty of money now and a seemingly first class campaign committee. The upcoming debate may be the decisive event in the campaign.

Guest areafiftyone

Stella:

I honestly don't know if the Dems would cross party lines. Maybe they would if the Tea Party had a better candidate, one who was a strong person who had the background to prove that they could get things done. I don't know. I think Christine O'Donnell is just too green yet to get a sufficient number of Democrats to cross party lines. She's just not convincing enough that she has what it takes. She is basically just reciting the Tea Party Mantra - take back government yada yada! But what has she done that convinces them that the Tea Party ways are the right way? It's not that what the Tea Party stands for is not the right way - it's who is representing them that counts and who is saying this to them. People like O'Donnell and Palin are turn-offs to 99.9% of Democrats. She'll get the Republicans to vote for her - but I don't think anyone else. She's polling pretty low right now even on the Fox poll.

"My question would be did only Republicans vote for O'Donnell or were there Democrats crossing party lines to vote for her since Coons didn't need their vote? O'Donnell only beat Castle by a small percentage. The people who live in Delaware knew how O'Donnell was polling. The Dems wanted her to win."

Delaware is a closed primary. Dims, as far as I know, didn't have much of a choice. O'Donnell didn't landslide Castle, but she did win by six points, I think about six thousand votes. It was the largest primary in Delaware for quite some time. If she can maintain the momentum, who knows...maybe she can win it. She has plenty of money now and a seemingly first class campaign committee. The upcoming debate may be the decisive event in the campaign.

Please excuse my ignorance because I live in a state where you never have to declare a Party and can ask for either ballot in a Primary, but how involved is it to change your Party in Delaware? Do you have to do paperwork and is there a waiting period?

Do you all think that throwing money at a race matters especially if people in the state know that most of it is from out of state trying to influence their elections? don't you think the DNC will be pouring money into Delaware to keep that Senate seat?

Stella:

I honestly don't know if the Dems would cross party lines. Maybe they would if the Tea Party had a better candidate, one who was a strong person who had the background to prove that they could get things done. I don't know. I think Christine O'Donnell is just too green yet to get a sufficient number of Democrats to cross party lines. She's just not convincing enough that she has what it takes. She is basically just reciting the Tea Party Mantra - take back government yada yada! But what has she done that convinces them that the Tea Party ways are the right way? It's not that what the Tea Party stands for is not the right way - it's who is representing them that counts and who is saying this to them. People like O'Donnell and Palin are turn-offs to 99.9% of Democrats. She'll get the Republicans to vote for her - but I don't think anyone else. She's polling pretty low right now even on the Fox poll.

What were the numbers in the Fox poll? I meant that people would cross the Party lines because they perceived her as the weaker candidate who Coons could defeat. My husband even did that in the last Presidential Primary. He is a Republican voter but Rudy had withdrawn and he didn't want to vote for McCain. So, he voted for Hillary because he didn't want Obama to win.

Guest areafiftyone

Stella:

What were the numbers in the Fox poll? I meant that people would cross the Party lines because they perceived her as the weaker candidate who Coons could defeat. My husband even did that in the last Presidential Primary. He is a Republican voter but Rudy had withdrawn and he didn't want to vote for McCain. So, he voted for Hillary because he didn't want Obama to win.

The numbers are here in the Fox poll:

Coons Leads O'Donnell By 15 Points

FOX POLL (PDF)

Please excuse my ignorance because I live in a state where you never have to declare a Party and can ask for either ballot in a Primary, but how involved is it to change your Party in Delaware? Do you have to do paperwork and is there a waiting period?

Do you all think that throwing money at a race matters especially if people in the state know that most of it is from out of state trying to influence their elections? don't you think the DNC will be pouring money into Delaware to keep that Senate seat?

All I know about changing parties is that there is a cut-off when changing can be done. Than's really all I know about that.

As for where the money comes from, it could be a talking point by the opponent, but don't know to what success. Would it effect you?

If it was for my candidate, I couldn't care less where it comes from.:)

All I know about changing parties is that there is a cut-off when changing can be done. Than's really all I know about that.

As for where the money comes from, it could be a talking point by the opponent, but don't know to what success. Would it effect you?

If it was for my candidate, I couldn't care less where it comes from.:)

It wouldn't affect me at all. But a lot of people, like Laura Ingrham, are beside themselves with joy at the donations pouring into the state.

Virtually all elections with national implications have campaign donations coming from outside the representive district. Check and see how much out of state cash helped to elect your current governor (since we don't know what state you live in). The difference, in this case, is that Coons will be getting his cash from the Daily Kos crowd, while O'Donnell will be getting hers from Tea Partiers from other states.

Virtually all elections with national implications have campaign donations coming from outside the representive district. Check and see how much out of state cash helped to elect your current governor (since we don't know what state you live in). The difference, in this case, is that Coons will be getting his cash from the Daily Kos crowd, while O'Donnell will be getting hers from Tea Partiers from other states.

I have donated to the Club For Growth in the past. I doubt that too many people would have even thought to donate to an election in Delaware if not for the Express getting involved in the election.

I have donated to the Club For Growth in the past. I doubt that too many people would have even thought to donate to an election in Delaware if not for the Express getting involved in the election.

When the election is about who controls the U.S. Senate, you can bet the farm that a lot of folks are willing to put up a lot of cash from a lot of places.

It seems like this election only became an issue when the Express got involved. Castle was ahead in the polls so it looked like a GOP seat. I just hope that all the money pouring into Delaware is not spent at the expense of an election that could be won in another district or state. I really don't know enough about Delaware politics to know if a double digit lead by Coons can be overcome or not or if all that money will make a difference.