Murdoch gives $1 million to GOP; Let's look at who gets campaign cash from NBC, CBS, ABC execs, shall we?

Geee

Murdoch-gives-1-million-to-GOP-Lets-look-at-who-gets-campaign-cash-from-NBC-CBS-ABC-execs-shall-we--101186004.html
Washington Examiner:

Murdoch gives $1 million to GOP; Let's look at who gets campaign cash from NBC, CBS, ABC execs, shall we?
By: MARK TAPSCOTT
Editorial Page Editor
08/20/10 4:41 PM EDT

Democrats are hopping mad because media baron Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. which owns Fox News, made a $1 million contribution to the Republican Governors Association.

That inspired Nathan Daschle, executive director of the Democratic Governor Association and son of the former Senate Majority Leader, to challenge Fox News head Roger Ailes to include a disclaimer, according to The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz.

"In the interest of some fairness and balance, I request that you add a formal disclaimer to your coverage any time any of your programs covers governors or gubernatorial races between now and Election Day," Daschle said, according to Kurtz.

To which a Fox spokesman replied: "Nathan's stunt has run its course. His 15 minutes are up. Time to leave the stage."

But wait a minute, if the political donations of the corporate parent of Fox News are relevant to its political coverage, as suggested by Daschle, doesn't that mean the political donations of people with other media organizations are just as relevant?

With that in mind, I just did a quickie search on the FEC site for all federal contributions between Jan. 1, 2006, and Aug. 1, 2010 by anybody who listed "NBC" as their employer. Haven't had a chance yet to total it all up but, trust me, the list reads like a Democratic campaign roll call. Ditto with searches for "CBS" and "ABC," though the latter evinced a smaller number of donors.

If somebody wants to take this idea and run with it, just use the Advanced Search feature on the FEC individual search function, with the same parameters and you will see what I mean.

OpenSecrets.org found that college professors were the most reliable Democratic contributors in the 2008 election, but after scanning the results of these three searches, it would not surprise me at all to find people associated with NBC, CBS and ABC are virtually as reliable Democratic donors as the nutty professors.

By the way, when I did the query for "News Corp.," the results showed more contributions to GOPers, but there were quite a few Democrats recipients on the list as well, so many that it's clear there is far more balanced giving among such contributors at the Fox News parent.

It doesn't really matter how much cash the LSM gave to the RATS, the free advertisements alone, or should I say 'news reports' are worth more than a few bucks in campaign contributions. The left has delved into plaid speed when it comes to hypocricy.