Longtime journalist Daniel Schorr dies at age 93

Valin

story.asp?S=12860382
AP:

BRETT ZONGKER
7/23/10

WASHINGTON (AP) - Veteran reporter and commentator Daniel Schorr, whose hard-hitting reporting for CBS got him on President Richard Nixon's notorious "enemies list" in the 1970s, has died. He was 93.

Schorr died Friday at Washington's Georgetown University Hospital after a brief illness, said his son, Jonathan Schorr.

Daniel Schorr's career of more than six decades spanned the spectrum of journalism - beginning in print, then moving to television where he spent 23 years with CBS News and ending with National Public Radio, where he worked until he died. He also wrote several books, including his memoir, "Staying Tuned: A Life in Journalism."...(Snip)

pollyannaish

I liked his voice, it was very soothing. I heard him on NPR a while back and thought he didn't sound strong.

Best to his family.

Edited to add: I wish that there was still emphasis on an engaging voice to be in television or movies. I find a lot of broadcasters voices really irritating. They look good, but that's as far as it goes.

I liked his voice, it was very soothing. I heard him on NPR a while back and thought he didn't sound strong.

Best to his family.

Edited to add: I wish that there was still emphasis on an engaging voice to be in television or movies. I find a lot of broadcasters voices really irritating. They look good, but that's as far as it goes.

Does that make you a 'voiceist'?

pollyannaish

Best to his family.

Does that make you a 'voiceist'?

I believe so. It also explains my fondness for this man:

Sean-Connery_0.jpg

Edited to add: Google just changed the interface for photo searches and it is terrific!