Breitbart Launches 'Big Peace'

Geee

big-peace
Big Journalism:

Big Peace: The July 4th Happy Birthday to America Launch!

Posted by Andrew Breitbart Jul 4th 2010 at 9:07 am in Featured Story

A little less than a year after announcing it, in front of Vice President Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and many other American foreign policy elites at Frank Gaffney’s “Keeper of the Flame” Award Dinner in October 2009, we are finally launching Big Peace.

It took nine months because this site has to be done right, and with Hoover Institution Research Fellow and bestselling author Peter Schweizer, we found the perfect editor. Because I am not a foreign policy or military expert, I needed to create a core editorial unit that represented the highest-end understanding of policy while at the same time bringing, at a time of war, a “boots-on-the-ground” perspective.
Frank Gaffney, the Founder and President of the Center for Security Policy provides over thirty years of expertise in national defense including as stint as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear Forces and Arms Control Policy under Ronald Reagan. Jim Hansen and the mil-bloggers at Black Five are bringing years of cutting edge reportage from the front lines of multiple wars.
For the last 10 months, Big Government has been the “Big home”” for these stories but Big Peace is now their proper venue. For instance, bestselling author Brad Thor broke the story two months ago that Mullah Mohammed Omar had been captured by Pakistani ISI. That story was also confirmed by Lt. Col. Oliver North and Baba Tim. Notice the Obama administration and the Department of Defense have not officially denied this story. We also broke the story about the Obama Administration’s decision to move Guantanamo Bay prisoners to Thompson Correctional Facility in Illinois.
These major stories and more now have a natural home at Big Peace. Journalists, former Pentagon officials, foreign policy officials, foreign dignitaries, members of the armed forces, elected officials, and assorted insiders will use the dynamic “Big Group Blog Template” to make American and international security front page news once again. And, of course, you, our readers will be able to contribute to the discussion through our dynamic interactive comments section on each post.
As the site’s resident skeptic of main stream media accountability, I have noticed that the amount of reporters and media outlets covering national security and the war has dwindled and skepticism over American military commitment has waned now that there isn’t a Bush or a Republican in charge. The war beat is getting short shrift. Big Peace was created to fill this void and to provide biased coverage.
The site is pro-freedom, pro-liberty, and pro-American but will not be an outlet for false information or propaganda. The unique mix of Schweizer, Gaffney, and Blackfive and our collective reputations will provide a check and balance.
When I told American artist Steve Penley, a close friend, about the idea of Big Peace, he was so excited that he offered his brilliant talent to create the banner artwork. I think that it conveys better than my words what this site is all about. Reagan put it best: Peace through strength.

:lol: Now I have to move it so that it's in alpha order. :bag:

You can do it. I've got a lot of confidence it you.

of course I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, so don't let your head swell up