President Obama Burned in Effigy at Bar in West Allis

Geee

94313854.html
NBC Milwaukee:

May 20, 2010
TODAY'S TMJ4 Exclusive: President Obama Burned in Effigy at Bar in West Allis
By Mick Trevey

WEST ALLIS - A bar owner could be in serious trouble with the federal government. A bartender was videotaped burning a statue of President Obama.

And the whole thing was video taped. Click Here to watch raw video of the incident.

So far, the bar owner hasn't explained why the bartender torched the statue of the President a cheering crowd.

People in West Allis were shouting and laughing as the bartender torched the statue for the crowd. Flames tore through the statue with what looks like duct tape wrapped around it's neck.

West Allis Police say they found out about the incident after it was reported at Yester Years Pub and Grill on Greenfield Avenue.

West Allis police say the Secret Service is also investigating. The Secret Service investigates any possible threats against the president.

TODAY'S TMJ4 obtained video from someone who watched the fire and said they feel upset.

The President of Milwaukee's NAACP is outraged and worries it could be racially motivated. "Very offensive. And it sends a terrible message to other people," said Jerry Ann Hamilton.

Yester Years Pub and Grill is owned by Karen Schoenfeld. We wanted to ask her what the bartender meant with the fire. But a message left at the bar wasn't returned. And no one answered the door at her New Berlin home
"I regret that it happened, that it happened in our state. I think that's the worst image that a person can send out," said Hamilton.

Wednesday afternoon the Secret Service told me they can't comment on this case, saying they don't comment on any so-called intelligence cases.

NAACP leaders maintain they're going to push for a full investigation.

This has been all over the TV and radio here today. They even sent the secret service.

Wonder if it had been Bush.

Had it been Dubya burned in effigy the incident would have been reported as an excellent example of people peacefully exercising their First Amendment rights to free speech.

SrWoodchuck

Still, it doesn't look good. Does anybody know what the song was on the jukebox?

"Smoke Gets In My Eyes?"

"The Fire In Your Eyes?"

"You Look Good By Firelight?"

"Red House Burning Down?"

"Throw Another Log On The Fire?"

"Light My Fire?"

"Fire & Ice?"

"Burning Down The House?"

"Burn Down The Mission?"

....and last, but not least...."When Unemployed, Middleclass, Drunk, Taxpayers Get Hot...So Does The Plastic Messiah Obama?"*

*A catchy, but stupid little ditty.

This story is again all over the local TV stations this morning. It was a couple of bar patrons who had too much to drink. The NAACP is all over the news and it is again the lead story.

This story is again all over the local TV stations this morning. It was a couple of bar patrons who had too much to drink. The NAACP is all over the news and it is again the lead story.

I'm SHOCKED!.....but then being so young and naive (STOP LAUGHING!) I am so easily shocked.