Swingers' case tests sexual limits in China

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
ALeqM5hdYzBxaDDQG6Kv-B9PwgJbTWzkLgD9FPBEQ82
Google News:

BEIJING — They were members of a modern-day swingers' club in China, where people met online and then gathered in homes or hotels for group sex parties involving dozens of men and women.

Last month, Ma Yaohai, a 53-year-old college professor and 21 others went on trial in the southeastern city of Nanjing, accused of "group licentiousness" — the first time anyone has been charged under a 1997 law in a case that has snagged huge public interest with its titillating details.

But aside from rampant curiosity in the swinger lifestyle, the uproar also has touched off a deeper debate about sexual freedom in a nation that is trying to reshape its own modern morality.

Ma said his decision to join the swingers was voluntary. "Marriage is like water. You have to drink it. Swinging is like a cup of wine. You can drink it if you like. If you don't like it, don't drink it," he said in interviews with Chinese media.

In arguing that his activities involved consenting adults meeting in nonpublic places, Ma's defiance seemed to strike a chord in an era of relative sexual freedom, where extramarital affairs and prostitution are common — drawing support from those who believe the Chinese government should stay out of the bedroom.

Entering the court at the start of the two-day trial on April 7, he blurted out, "How can I disturb social order? What happens in my house is a private matter."

A verdict on Ma, the only member to plead innocent, is expected Thursday from the Qinhuai District People's Court in Nanjing, said his attorney, Yao Yongan. The charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

Ma was unavailable for comment because he is currently sequestered at his home, where he is caring for his elderly mother, under security surveillance, Yao said.
________

To paraphrase Yakoff Smirnoff, in America you go to the party. In China, the Party come to you.

SrWoodchuck

China's population is around 1.4 billion. Single child families have been encouraged and at times enforced by the government, however, with their economy red hot and consumerism on the rise, there has been talk of having more than one child.

I keep thinking about 1.4 billion....no telling how many are sexually active.....or out of those, how many are involved in swinging....but with that large of a population base, it could be hundreds of millions......

I'm hoping that Mr. Ma & others are......"wrapping their rascals."

The condom market in China, in 2006, was 2 billion units & at a cost of 6 billion yuan. That increased by 15% each year, and next year will be 6 billion condoms for 30 billion yuan. 1.7 billion condoms were purchased by the government alone, for free distribution and are required in most hotels. Durex, a condom maker, introduced their brand with a vibrating ring, and 700,000 were sold out in a few days, at 60 yuan each.

That's around $ 8.80 for each Durex vibrating condom, in US dollars.....is this an investment, or a job opportunity?

We could advertise on our TLL chatloom.

LOL.

"We could advertise on our TLL chatloom."--SrWoodChuck

SrWoodChuck! NCTexan!

Just called my bloker, am divesting my gold and putting in for major investment in "TRR Famous Brands Wonton Wrappers" L, XL and Giganormous.

You Lang?

China's population is around 1.4 billion. Single child families have been encouraged and at times enforced by the government, however, with their economy red hot and consumerism on the rise, there has been talk of having more than one child.

I keep thinking about 1.4 billion....no telling how many are sexually active.....or out of those, how many are involved in swinging....but with that large of a population base, it could be hundreds of millions......

The condom market in China, in 2006, was 2 billion units & at a cost of 6 billion yuan. That increased by 15% each year, and next year will be 6 billion condoms for 30 billion yuan. 1.7 billion condoms were purchased by the government alone, for free distribution and are required in most hotels. Durex, a condom maker, introduced their brand with a vibrating ring, and 700,000 were sold out in a few days, at 60 yuan each.

That's around $ 8.80 for each Durex vibrating condom, in US dollars.....is this an investment, or a job opportunity?

LOL.

"We could advertise on our TLL chatloom."--SrWoodChuck

SrWoodChuck! NCTexan!

Just called my bloker, am divesting my gold and putting in for major investment in "TRR Famous Brands Wonton Wrappers" L, XL and Giganormous.

You Lang?

This reminds me of a joke that was going around when Reagan was in the White House.

The Chinese government had contacted the State Department requesting help. Their population kept growing in spite of ZPG programs because their condom manufacturers couldn't keep up with demand.

Reagan told them he would help them out. He contacted the largest condom manufacturer in the U.S. and placed a huge order.....2 million cases of condoms......made special.

"How would you like them made?" asked the sales rep.

"Of course they should be red, white and blue" responded Reagan.

"And, they should fit a male member approximately 9" in length and 2" in girth"

"Oh, and one more thing", said the president..."mark them all 'Size Medium'".