Rep. Keith Ellison: Trump ‘Worst Republican Nominee Since George Wallace’

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
rep-keith-ellison-trump-worst-republican-nominee-since-george-wallaceLegal Insurrection : Rep. Keith Ellison: Trump ‘Worst Republican Nominee Since George Wallace’

Posted by Mark Finkelstein July 24, 2016 at 12:52pm

Small Problem: Wallace Was a Democrat . . . Ruh-roh!

On the off chance that far-left Dem congressman Keith Ellison is on your holiday shopping list, we have the perfect gift suggestion: a good biography of George Wallace. On today’s This Week, Ellison claimed that Donald Trump was “the worst Republican nominee since George Wallace.”

Just one small problem, of course. As Republican Rep. Tom Cole pointed out, Wallace was a Democrat who sought the Dem presidential nomination [multiple times] and even addressed the Democratic National Convention [in 1972.] Ruh-roh!

Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

My Representative.

Ellison exploits the ignorant
Scott Johnson
July 25 2016

As the Minnesota’s Fifth District representative in Congress, Keith Ellison has a good gig. He’s a hustler who is accustomed to exploiting the ignorance of voters in a one-party district in a town with a one-party newspaper. Ellison has exploited the ignorance of his constituents in lying repeatedly about his personal history, as I tried to show in “Louis Farrakhan’s first congressman.”

Seeking to make himself a player on the national stage, Ellison performed the same act by omission in his recent memoir, as I tried to show in “The Ellison elision.” The Star Tribune even let me put in what Ellison had left out of his memoir in “Keith Ellison remembers to forget.” Ellison was extremely unhappy about that, dunning his supporters with a request for contributions in response to my alleged bigotry. There he went again.

And there he went again yesterday on ABC’s This Week with the Democratic Operative. The Washington Free Beacon caught Ellison trying to palm off George Wallace as a former Republican presidential candidate (video below, about one minute). “We do have the worst Republican nominee since George Wallace,” Ellison proclaimed.

(Snip)

• Like 1