Report: Trump Will Fund Revenge PACs To Destroy Cruz, Kasich

Geee

report-trump-will-fund-revenge-pacs-to-destroy-cruz-kasichDaily Caller:

Donald Trump wants revenge on Sen. Ted Cruz and Gov. John Kasich. And he’s apparently willing to spend $20 million to get it.

Both Cruz and Kasich have failed to endorse Trump for president, despite signing a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee last year. Cruz even went a step further, delivering a powerful speech at the Republican National Convention, only to end it by urging Americans to “vote your conscience,” provoking a torrent of boos.

Now, according to Bloomberg News, Trump is willing to fund their downfall as payback for this betrayal. The outlet reported Friday evening that Trump is willing to finance two separate super-PACs dedicated to their political downfall if either of them run for office again.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

Well so much for party unity.

If this happens I think I'll send Ted & John Some money....even though I'm not really huge fans of either one.....just to give DT The Finger.

• Like 1

clearvision

@Geee

Well so much for party unity.

If this happens I think I'll send Ted & John Some money....even though I'm not really huge fans of either one.....just to give DT The Finger.

I'm sure that would help make up for this $11M never to return....

Fallout continues for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz after his controversial decision not to endorse Donald Trump for president at the Republican National Convention, as two of the top donors to his presidential campaign issued a strong rebuke against him.

The harsh statement from Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah Mercer of Long Island took issue with Cruz's speech and his call for voters to "vote their conscience."

In a rare statement, given to the New York Times, they said:

"Last summer and again this year, Senator Ted Cruz pledged to support the candidacy of the nominee of the Republican Party, whomever that nominee might be. We are profoundly disappointed that on Wednesday night he chose to disregard this pledge."

The statement continued by urging party unity and chastised Cruz, calling the "decision both regrettable and revealing."

The Mercers donated over $11 million to Cruz-affiliated super PACs supporting his presidential campaign.

clearvision

I'm sort of wondering if Perry does not get a gig with the Trump admin (if it occurs), that he won't run against Cruz. I suspect based on the limited stuff I hear around here Perry would destroy Cruz for Senate. If any strong R candidate runs against him Cruz is dead man walking in Texas. Your word is your bond and you keep your promise. (1)(2)

(1) Michelle Obama

(2) Melania Trump

I'm sort of wondering if Perry does not get a gig with the Trump admin (if it occurs), that he won't run against Cruz. I suspect based on the limited stuff I hear around here Perry would destroy Cruz for Senate. If any strong R candidate runs against him Cruz is dead man walking in Texas. Your word is your bond and you keep your promise. (1)(2)

(1) Michelle Obama

(2) Melania Trump

If this article is true - in my mind, DJT would be wasting his money. I think they are both pretty much toast anyhow.

(1) Michelle Obama

(2) Melania Trump

If this article is true - in my mind, DJT would be wasting his money. I think they are both pretty much toast anyhow.

Possibly...probably true, but irrelevant to Trump....and the T-Bots.

BTW I would not make a very large wager that Ted will disappear any time soon. Say Trump is elected President (which I think likely), Senator Ted Cruz, and his allies will be waiting up on capital hill and saying things like "Now You Have To Deal With Me."

@Draggingtree

Moved

Trump Says He Plans to Launch Super PAC Against Ted Cruz
Patrick Svitek / July 23, 2016 122 comments

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says he will probably create a super PAC with the aim of hobbling the political future of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

Trump, a mercurial businessman whose promises have often been subject to deep skepticism, confirmed the plan in an interview set to air Sunday on NBC. He was asked about a report Friday that said he wants to set up a super PAC, which can raise and spend unlimited amounts of money, to go after Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, two former Republican primary opponents who have not endorsed him.

In in the interview, Trump started off by saying the super PAC plan is "not the number one thing on my mind" and that he is currently focused on winning the White House. "With that being said, yeah, I'll probably do a super PAC, you know, when they run against Kasich, for $10 million to $20 million, against Ted Cruz," Trump said. Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Ted Cruz Is Severus Snape

Ingenious, calculating, cloaked men sometimes turn out to be bad. Yet cold, calculating men can also be judged unfairly.

By Rachel Lu JULY 22, 2016

Who is Ted Cruz? It’s remarkable we’re still asking the question after months of intense media scrutiny. That in itself should tell you he’s rather an extraordinary politician, for good or ill.

Here are the agreed-upon facts. Cruz is brilliant and articulate. He is extremely ambitious. He knows conservatism very, very well. He can be prickly and a bit cold. He has a weird-looking nose.

From there, accounts differ. Actually, they differ enormously. Some see Cruz as a true-hearted conservative warrior. Others see him as a Machiavellian schemer with a dagger under his cloak.

Here’s the truth, then. He’s Severus Snape. Right down to the awkward nose.

Snape is a fascinating member of the “Harry Potter” cast. We know without a doubt that he’s important; clearly he will play a key role of some kind in the final resolution. J.K. Rowling keeps us constantly guessing, however, about what that role will be. Cruz is very much like this. He’s clearly a major player on the conservative field, Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://thefederalist.com/2016/07/22/ted-cruz-is-severus-snape/

Draggingtree
7/23/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 11:55 am

So, Donald Trump once again blamed Ted Cruz for the fact that he called Cruz’s wife ugly, once again suggested Cruz’s dad was close with Lee Harvey Oswald, and suggested that the National Enquirer deserves a Pulitzer Prize.

Then, he formed a plan to create a Super-PAC to defeat Ted Cruz in the future.

Donald Trump plans to create and fund super-PACs specifically aimed at ending the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich should either run for office again, after both snubbed the Republican nominee during his party’s convention this week, a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday.

The plan would involve Trump investing millions of his own money –perhaps $20 million or more — in one or two outside groups about six months before their respective election days if Texas Senator Cruz or Ohio Governor Kasich stand for office again. The person said Trump is willing to set up two separate super-PACs – one for Cruz and one for Kasich – and put millions into each.

The person also said that Trump would be willing to invest tens of millions more if necessary to ensure his former competitors didn’t win another race.

Trump will never actually do this, of course — a fact that keeps me from being less upset about it. But the fact that this even occurs to him, to me, means that this man is the enemy of conservatism Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/07/23/trump-threatens-super-pac-against-ted-cruz-doubles-down-on-cruzs-dad/