REGARDING THE CHATTERERS’ CALL FOR DELEGATES TO “DUMP TRUMP”

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

regarding-the-chatterers-call-for-delegates-to-dump-trump:

6/9/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:37 am

Hugh Hewitt has become one of many GOP chatterers to argue that delegates should be free to vote their conscience and dump Donald Trump:

Conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt argued Wednesday morning that the Republican Party should make an unprecedented effort to change the Republican National Convention rules to allow them to dump Donald Trump as their nominee.

“It’s like ignoring stage-four cancer. You can’t do it, you gotta go attack it,” Hewitt said. “And right now the Republican Party is facing — the plane is headed towards the mountain after the last 72 hours.”

Hewitt said he disagreed with Republican senators like Lindsey Graham and Mark Kirk who said they could not vote for their party’s nominee. “I wanna support the nominee of the party, but I think the party ought to change the nominee. Because we’re going to get killed with this nominee.”

Speaking as an #ExGOP member and impartial observer: this is insane.

I don’t want to personalize my reaction or focus on Hewitt; his opinion is one held by many other people. But for better or for worse (OK, clearly for worse) Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

The Party Purge

Posted on June 10, 2016 by The Political Hat

Somehow “expanding the tent” and “growing the base” includes (Nevada delegates revolt, vote for Paul anyway)

“If they take over the state conventions and staff state and national parties with Trump supporters or those who are sympathetic to Trump, then they can continue making their consultant cash even after Trump goes down in flames in November. At the very least, they are going to try to use Republican hatred of Hillary to get as many Republicans as possible on the record in support of Trump so that they don’t look so bad as early adopters of Trumpism.

“That’s exactly how to understand this weekend’s fracas in Nebraska, which saw the Nebraska GOP convention issue what can only be understood as a rebuke to Ben Sasse. This was all orchestrated by Deb Fischer allies, some of whom were staffers for Ben Sasse’s primary opponents in his Senate race. These people don’t have an ideological dog in the fight at all – they are just trying to insure the future of their own political consulting career. And they see in the Trump ascendancy the opportunity to settle political scores along the way and shove rivals out of the way Scissors-32x32.png

http://politicalhat.com/2016/06/10/the-party-purge/

Draggingtree
Comment of the day

From mojitomom June 9, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I'm tired of being labeled a racist for opposing Obama's policies, called a misogynist for not supporting HRC because of her genitalia, called a xenophobe for wanting a secure border, called a bigot for recognizing the religious base for marriage between a man and a woman and feeling that life begins at conception. I'm tired of giving the government more than 30 percent of my hard-earned wages and losing ever more of my take-home pay to astronomical health insurance premiums with exorbitant deductibles. Meanwhile, China eats our lunch and our military is bare-boned while it tries to defend the world from tyrants. Thank God Trump hears me. No one else does. Scissors-32x32.png

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2016/06/in-praise-of-trump-voter.html?showComment=1465491703656#c3047517977068807623

wub.png That's Love folks

• 3 weeks later...
Draggingtree
Campaign to Free the Delegates Holding Nationwide Teleconference

Robert Zubrin / June 25, 2016 / 20 COMMENTS

The campaign to Free the Delegates is growing rapidly. This Sunday it will hold a nationwide telecon, at 8 pm ET Sunday. Those wishing to join the campaign are welcome to call in. The information is provided in the Free the Delegates 2016 bulletin below.

The opening day of the RNC Convention in Cleveland is quickly approaching and with it our opportunity to change the course of history! Scissors-32x32.png

https://ricochet.com/campaign-free-delegates-holding-nationwide-teleconference/

Comment of the day

From mojitomom June 9, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I'm tired of being labeled a racist for opposing Obama's policies, called a misogynist for not supporting HRC because of her genitalia, called a xenophobe for wanting a secure border, called a bigot for recognizing the religious base for marriage between a man and a woman and feeling that life begins at conception. I'm tired of giving the government more than 30 percent of my hard-earned wages and losing ever more of my take-home pay to astronomical health insurance premiums with exorbitant deductibles. Meanwhile, China eats our lunch and our military is bare-boned while it tries to defend the world from tyrants. Thank God Trump hears me. No one else does. Scissors-32x32.png

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2016/06/in-praise-of-trump-voter.html?showComment=1465491703656#c3047517977068807623

wub.png That's Love folks

And she expect DT to actually do something about this? I could be wrong (and pray that I am) but I think 2 years from now if DT wins there are going to be A Lot of very very disappointed people. Actually by Jan. 30 2017 you're gonna start to hear rumblings from The Vox Populi....assuming he wins.