Ferguson in Flames

Geee

ferguson-in-flamesFront Page Magazine:

Grand jurors in Ferguson, Mo., refused to indict local police officer Darren Wilson yesterday, heroically resisting pressure from President Obama on down to lynch an innocent police officer who fought off a violent attacker.

The decision is infuriating left-wingers across America because it rebuts the underlying assumption they embrace which is that white police racism caused the death of Michael Brown, a young black thug who tried to seize Wilson’s gun in an attempt to do the officer harm.

As fresh rioting was already underway in the St. Louis area, the decision also angered President Obama who could barely contain his hostility in a disgraceful, unprecedented television appearance following the release of the announcement about the non-indictments. Obama urged activists to refrain from using violence. The president himself bears direct responsibility for fomenting the combustible situation, however.

The county’s elected prosecuting attorney, Robert McCulloch, calmly explained the process in detail last night that the grand jury employed in choosing not to return indictments in five potential charges from first-degree murder to lesser offenses.

McCulloch is a white Democrat who has come under heavy fire from race-baiting members of his own political party. His partisans hate him because he does not share their antipathy for police officers, and presumably, because he is the wrong color. McCulloch easily secured the Democratic nomination for his office in a primary election four days before Brown was killed. In that contest, he handily beat former state public defender Leslie T. Broadnax, a black woman, by a margin of 71.4 percent to 28.6 percent.Scissors-32x32.png

FERGUSON VERDICT EXPLODES MEDIA'S LYING RACIAL NARRATIVE

On Monday night, the grand jury in Ferguson, Missouri freed Officer Darren Wilson from the possibility of indictment over his shooting of 18-year-old black man Michael Brown. The prosecutor before the grand jury, Robert McCulloch, explained why the indictment had been rejected: the evidence, both physical and eyewitness, supported Wilson’s case that he had acted in self-defense.

McCulloch added pointed criticism of the media that drove the case in the first place, ripping the “insatiable appetite” of social media and “non-stop rumors” driven by it. The initial accounts pushed by social media, McCulloch said, were “filled with speculation and little, if any, solid or accurate evidence.” But he saved his harshest criticism for the media machine itself: “The most significant challenge encountered in this investigation has been the 24-hour news cycle and its insatiable appetite for something, for anything, to talk about, followed closely behind with the non-stop rumors on social media.” McCulloch finished by stating that evidence mattered, and that no one’s life should be decided based on “public outcry or for political expediency.”

The lecture was well-deserved.

Just as the media did during the George Zimmerman trial and in the aftermath of Zimmerman’s shooting of Trayvon Martin, the media attempted to cram the square peg of the Wilson-Brown shooting into the round hole of white police racism. That meant portraying Brown as the latest sainted racial victim; this time, rather than the Trayvon Martin narrative of hoodies, Skittles, and iced tea, the media hit upon the notion that Brown was a “gentle giant.” The Brown family, Al Sharpton, MSNBC, CNN, The Washington Post, and other major media outlets ran with the story that Brown was a “gentle giant” who wouldn’t hurt a fly.

Then, it turned out that Brown had robbed a convenience store minutes before his altercation with Wilson.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/11/24/Media-narrative-implodes-Michael-Brown

Total Police Failure Brings Absolute Mayhem To Ferguson After Grand Jury Announcement

FERGUSON, Mo. — Incredibly intense violence bubbled up on Monday night in Ferguson, Mo. after St. Louis County prosecutor Robert P. McCulloch announced that white police officer Darren Wilson will face no criminal charges for shooting and killing 18-year-old Michael Brown on Aug. 9.

Despite having about three full months of relative peace in Ferguson to plan for the possibility of violent demonstrations, police had completely lost control of Ferguson about 90 minutes after the grand jury announcement.

By 10:30 p.m., the strip of W. Ferguson Avenue from Chambers Road to Woodstock Avenue that had been the epicenter of the Aug. 9 protests had become a crazy, no-go zone for any peaceful protesters and — it certainly seemed — for police.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/25/total-police-failure-brings-absolute-mayhem-to-ferguson-after-grand-jury-announcement/

Arson, gunfire grip Ferguson

At least 29 people were arrested and a dozen buildings damaged or destroyed in Ferguson, Mo., after the announcement that Police Officer Darren Wilson will not face criminal charges in the Aug. 9 shooting death of teenager Michael Brown.

According to reports, at least six businesses in downtown Ferguson had been set on fire, and police had deployed tear gas on protesters. Looting was reported at multiple locations.

Gunfire was reported throughout the night. At times, the shots were so prevalent, firefighters were prevented from reaching burning buildings, and the Federal Avaiation Administration told the Associated Press that at least 10 flights had be diverted from St. Louis because of concerns over gunfire aimed at the sky.

It was also reported that a section of I-44 had been closed in both directions by protesters.

One report indicated that police had used tear gas on protesters who were largely peaceful, and that there were a few violent actors among the demonstrators.

In a video that aired on MSNBC, protesters appeared to smash the windows of a police car. Officers cocked their rifles while moving in on the car. The protesters moved away from the car quickly.

Police also appeared to be clearing protesters on one of the streets in Ferguson where demonstrations occurred after Brown’s death.

There were other reports of clashes as well.

Two police cars had been set on fire, according to authorities. Police said that protesters had thrown objects at officers.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225264-protesters-and-police-clash-in-ferguson-after-grand-jury

A Moral, Not Racial, Divide over Ferguson - Dennis Prager

As protests and riots ensue in Ferguson and elsewhere after a grand jury in Missouri decided not to indict the white officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, a black teenager, a little moral clarity is called for.

For decades now, we have been told that there is a black–white divide regarding how members of each race perceive racial matters in America. The problem with this belief that is that it renders moral judgment — of white police, of black crime and black incarceration rates, of white judges and jurors, and of black riots and protests — impossible.

It is, we are told over and over, all about “perceptions,” a “black-white divide” in the way each race perceives racial matters. This is how it works:

Many blacks see racism almost everywhere — especially in arrest, conviction, and incarceration rates, and in white police interactions with blacks. On the other hand, whites (specifically, whites who are not on the left) think that white racism has largely been conquered, and therefore blacks’ disproportionately high arrest and conviction rates are the result of black behavior – particularly the high out-of-wedlock birth rate that has deprived the great majority of black children of fathers – not white racism.

According to the “black–white divide” way of thinking, these are simply two conflicting perceptions.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/393433/moral-not-racial-divide-over-ferguson-dennis-prager

• Like 1

Congressional Black Caucus Chair: ‘Unwritten Rule That Black Lives Hold No Value’

On Monday Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH) called the grand jury’s decision not to indict officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown a “miscarriage of justice.”

In a statement released through the Congressional Black Caucus, which she chairs, Fudge said the decision not to indict Wilson “is a slap in the face to Americans nationwide who continue to hope and believe that justice will prevail.”

“This decision seems to underscore an unwritten rule that Black lives hold no value; that you may kill Black men in this country without consequences or repercussions,” Fudge said. “This is a frightening narrative for every parent and guardian of Black and brown children, and another setback for race relations in America.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/24/congressional-black-caucus-chair-unwritten-rule-that-black-lives-hold-no-value/

Saw video of Brown's parents right after the verdict.

A man (apparently a family member) jumped up to hug them wearing a "I AM MICHAEL BROWN" shirt... with his pants hanging down off of his butt.

That in itself is no big deal but just highlights the cultural divide that we face.

Saw video of Brown's parents right after the verdict.

A man (apparently a family member) jumped up to hug them wearing a "I AM MICHAEL BROWN" shirt... with his pants hanging down off of his butt.

That in itself is no big deal but just highlights the cultural divide that we face.

Actually that is a big deal.

• Like 1

@Valin @NCTexan

I just can't wrap my head around the difference in thinking. Many thoughts running around in my head this morning. Thinking that part of the problem is our education system. I think I've touched on this before. Our youth not properly being educated on how our judicial OR our system of government works and is set up. Of course, this is multiplied in Black communities. When shouting for 'no justice, no peace' - they have no concept of what 'justice' is.

The other thought I had is about Black justice or Black crime in particular - some Blacks thinking on that. Because there were many actual wrongs committed in the past - is it a mind set that blacks can commit wrongs with no consequence as some kind of a payback? Being equal is equal. If Brown had been white, we would have never heard of this incident. It would have been a cop doing his job and a misguided young delinquent, unfortunately, losing his life.

• Like 3

@Geee

Part of the problem is, it seems to me there are a lot of people (of all races) telling blacks that it's not your fault that you are stuck living in a crappy area, working low wage jobs....a St. Paul teacher has been reported today asking "How can I explain this to my black students?" huh.png There is so many things wrong with this question that the mind boggles, where to start?

We can keep pointing that its not 1924 anymore, but a lot of people don't listen.....because if you understand this, questions must be asked...hard questions, and people don't like doing that, its so much easier to blame someone else.

• Like 2

@Valin @NCTexan

I just can't wrap my head around the difference in thinking. Many thoughts running around in my head this morning. Thinking that part of the problem is our education system. I think I've touched on this before. Our youth not properly being educated on how our judicial OR our system of government works and is set up. Of course, this is multiplied in Black communities. When shouting for 'no justice, no peace' - they have no concept of what 'justice' is.

The other thought I had is about Black justice or Black crime in particular - some Blacks thinking on that. Because there were many actual wrongs committed in the past - is it a mind set that blacks can commit wrongs with no consequence as some kind of a payback? Being equal is equal. If Brown had been white, we would have never heard of this incident. It would have been a cop doing his job and a misguided young delinquent, unfortunately, losing his life.

Actually, I think Dennis Prager explains it pretty well. I see no hope. How do you change perceptions?

@Valin @NCTexan

Actually, I think Dennis Prager explains it pretty well. I see no hope. How do you change perceptions?

How? Slowly, and it would really help if the Republicans really did compete for the votes of Blacks.

@Valin @NCTexan

I think you start by actually teaching 'real' history. REAL comparisons of today vs. yesterday and progress. I don't believe that these kids are being taught this. They only hear the race mongers and since they haven't lived it, they know nothing but what they hear from these idiots that make a living being jerks. Replace these with REAL leaders would be a plus. I think changing perceptions will take a long time, since these people have been fomenting hateful perceptions for a long time.

• Like 2

25Nov

The Michael Brown shooting: everyone has it wrong

By: DrJohn

The Michael Brown shooting was about race but it was not racially motivated.

” a handful of folks”

I watched Barack Obama inject himself into the Michael Brown grand jury news and I am confounded but not surprised.

Obama had the chance to separate fact from fantasy and he did the opposite. The Michael Brown shooting was NOT racially motivated but something else was.

The shooting of Michael Brown was caused by Michael Brown. The forensic evidence was that Brown’s blood was present on Officer Darren Wilson’s collar and his thigh. There was blood found on the outside of the police cruiserand on the inside of the cruiser. Brown had a wound to his hand and gunshot residue was present on his hand, indicating a close proximity wound. Wilson had suffered injuries to his face. Brown had his hand or hands IN the cruiser, struck Wilson and struggled with Officer Wilson for Wilson’s weapon. Several black witnesses testified that Brown turned and approached Wilson at which time Wilson fired the fatal shots.

These were the facts as presented by Prosecutor McCulloch. Here it is if you wish to watch it.

Never missing a racially charged opening, Barack Obama turned it into a circus.

Scissors-32x32.png

The bottom line still remains- Michael Brown is dead because of his own actions.

http://floppingaces.net/2014/11/25/the-michael-brown-shooting-everyone-has-it-wrong/

The prosecutor did a good job last night. I am still puzzled by the timing but there was probably no right time.

Obama did Zero as usual. Instead of citing and praising the work of the grand jury and the judicial process he focuses on the Gentle Giant tm.

B3QZ5HtIMAEHAQI.jpg

Evidence: Michael Brown Was High on Pot and Carrying a Bag of It

(CNSNews.com) – Michael Brown had THC, a behavior-altering substance found in marijuana, in his system when he was killed on August 9th by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson, according to a toxicology report performed at a St. Louis University lab.

The toxicology screen, which was done on Aug. 10th, found “12 nanograms/ML of Delta-9-THC”, the primary psychoactive ingredient in pot, in Brown’s bloodstream at the time of his death.

This amount of Delta-9-THC in Brown's blood was more than twice the amount that in Washington State--where marijuana is legal--would allow someone to be arrested for driving under the influence.

“Delta-9-THC detection in the blood defines impairment,” according to the report.

THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) “seriously impairs judgment and motor coordination,” according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/evidence-michael-brown-was-high-pot-and-carrying-bag-it

Wilson: Brown looked like 'demon'

In testimony to a grand jury, police office Darren Wilson said Michael Brown looked like a “demon” in the moments before Wilson shot and killed him.

Wilson said grabbing the 18-year-old Brown, who reportedly weighed nearly 300 pounds, was like “a 5-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan,” and that his fear for his own safety led to the shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT

The release of the grand jury transcripts provides the first full account of Wilson’s version of events available to the public. It largely lines up with the narrative presented by prosecutor Robert McCulloch at a press conference announcing the grand jury’s decision.

A grand jury on Monday found no cause to bring an indictment against Wilson on five separate charges. The decision triggered violent demonstrations and looting in Ferguson, Mo., where police clashed with protesters through the night.

It has also sparked protests across the nation about the treatment of African-Americans by police. Wilson is white, and Brown was black.

Wilson characterized Brown as aggressive and intimidating in his account to the grand jury. He repeatedly said he feared for his life. The law says that he needed to have a reasonable fear that there was a threat to his life in order for his shooting to have been permissible.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225280-wilson-brown-looked-like-demon

@Valin @NCTexan

@Geee

I don't see it as an education issue. Actually a tremendous number of the most vocal black individuals have sufficient exposure to education on the subject.

It's the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge. In the case of the majority of the black comments that I've heard on these subjects (Travon back to OJ)... "cultural" heart knowledge trumps all.

It starts with the liberal world perspective that is preached in the churchs hosting every black or white DEM political figure who comes to town. Then it's the mainstreaming and acceptance of 13 year old baby mommas, pants on the ground, the worst of music lyrics and dance... and the acceptance of an idea that "somebody besides yourself" is responsible for everything you don't like about your situation.

Who are the hero's and icons imitated in dress, talk and actions... not only by the youth but 50 year olds who's ultimate atire is a Lebron James jersy or gang-banger worn hat? Almost none outside of sports or music/entertainment. Top aspiration for most growing up: NFL or NBA which almost non will achieve.

The continued focus on race and the fact that you view yourself first and formost as a person of color rather than anything else?

Now don't get me wrong, these things happen in white and all other "communities and cultures".... but it is the mainstreaming of this.

Just look who has been brought in to the White House as honored guests and events in the last 6 years. What could be more mainstreamed or endorsed than that?

All the wonderful education in the world won't change much of this. Sad sad sad.

• Like 2

It seems to me that a lot of the youth, are taking culture cues from the Black youth. Piercings, tatoos, rap music, black slang etc. etc. Those things do not come from European culture.

• Like 2

It seems to me that a lot of the youth, are taking culture cues from the Black youth. Piercings, tatoos, rap music, black slang etc. etc. Those things do not come from European culture.

@Geee I agree totally.

It's the difference between "a lot" and mainstreaming but not only the youth but several generations of parents.

I see the rap, some dress and slang coming from the black culture. However I think that the excessive tatts and piercings are going the other way. Not exactly sure where that came from... MTV etc.

@Geee I agree totally.

It's the difference between "a lot" and mainstreaming but not only the youth but several generations of parents.

I see the rap, some dress and slang coming from the black culture. However I think that the excessive tatts and piercings are going the other way. Not exactly sure where that came from... MTV etc.

African Tribes.