Dr. Ben Carson on 2016

Valin

dr-ben-carson-2016Hugh Hewitt Show:

Hugh Hewitt

September 22, 2014

Dr. Ben Carson was my first guest on today’s show. Pretty clear he will be running for president.

Audio

Transcript:

HH: We begin this hour with Dr. Ben Carson, the retired head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins hospital. He’s the author most recently of One Nation. He’s the electrifying speaker out on the circuit. He is also the author of a brand new free e-book. It’s free if you text the words, OneHewitt to 67076 right now, and I just tweeted that out. Dr. Carson, welcome to the program, it’s great to have you.

BC: Thank you, very good to be with you.

HH: Tell us about One Vote Book. What is this about? And what did you write it for? And why are you giving it away?

BC: Well, you know, there’s a large number of people, the majority of people in this country who feel that we’re moving in the wrong direction. And so many people have given up, In fact, in the 2012 election, 93 million people did not vote who were registered, who were eligible to vote. And that’s more votes than either of the candidates got. And I want people to understand what went into getting that vote for each one of them, and that this is not something that should be taken lightly, because we actually do, we the people do have the ability to dictate and to change the direction of our nation if we don’t like it. But we can only do that if we are informed. And that’s part of the problem. The fathers of our nation said that our freedom and our system of government is based upon a well-informed and educated populace. If they ever become other than that, the nature of the country will rapidly change. And they knew that would be the case, because people would not be able to accurately assess what they were being told. And this is what’s going on right now. But this book was written in an attempt to stop that cold in its tracks.

(Snip)