Coffee Shop

Rheo

A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal.

The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state agent who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — “did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines,” the Journal reports.

The decision was made under consideration of a regulation put in place by the the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs to meet USDA guidelines.

The student’s mother told the Journal she received a note from the school about the incident and was charged $1.25 for the cafeteria tray, from which her daughter only ate three chicken nuggets.

The note explained how students who did not bring “healthy lunches” would be offered the missing portions and that parents could be charged for the cost of the cafeteria food, the Journal reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1mTkQg1VD

wallbash.gif

which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips

What the heck? Why is that not balanced? It seems to me it has everything you need from the plate pyramid or whatever the heck you call it these days.

Chicken nuggets? Are healthy? SINCE WHEN?

which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips

What the heck? Why is that not balanced? It seems to me it has everything you need from the plate pyramid or whatever the heck you call it these days.

That blew my mind. Chicken nuggets are not healthy. This really made me mad.

That blew my mind. Chicken nuggets are not healthy. This really made me mad.

They are forcing kids to eat Chicken Nuggets, not allowing them to play any competitive games on the playground, wrapping them in bubble wrap and then blame them for being fat. Seriously?

Makes me mad too. Mr. Obama--get out of dhurches and get out of our homes and while you are at it, why not get out of the way of businesses!

This is why the left wants pre k school and head start programs. Teach them early that the state knows more than mommy and daddy.

I would have raised holy hell upon them.

• Like 1

The Hill

A House panel will vote Friday on whether to issue a subpoena compelling White House officials to testify on the $535 million loan guarantee to failed solar firm Solyndra.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee’s investigative panel announced the vote Wednesday. The panel will consider a resolution authorizing subpoenas to two White House and three White House Office of Management and Budget officials.Scissors-32x32.png

“The level of White House obstruction goes so far that they have blocked the committee from having a simple conversation with those executive branch employees who know the most about Solyndra’s loan guarantee,” committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.), the chair of the panel’s investigative subcommittee, said in a statement.Scissors-32x32.png

Sessions to Zients: If you are wrong, will you resign?

Scissors-32x32.png

“Mr. Zients, there is no spending cuts in this budget. This budget increases spending. Surely you know that?” he said.

“It increases taxes, so to say you cut $2.50 for every dollar in tax increase, is beyond the pale,” the senator said. “It does not alter the debt course of America, and I am disappointed that we can’t get an honest response to these difficult questions at this important time in our history.”

After the budget director’s testimony, Sessions said, “Mr. Zeints must remember—he works for the American people, not the Obama campaign. And the American people have a right to know the truth.”

“Americans hearing this would undoubtedly assume that the president is reducing spending below those levels currently set in place. Similar conclusions would be reached based on virtually every public description the White House team has offered of their budget plan,” he said.

“At today’s hearing on the president’s budget, we saw that the emperor has no clothes,” he said.

A former Mexican government official wanted for embezzling millions was arrested in Texas this month, then promptly ordered released by the State Department in a case that has one lawmaker demanding answers.

A day after pulling rank on Smith County, Texas, law enforcement officials, the State Department rescinded the order. But Hector Hernandez Javier Villarreal was gone by then.

Now Rep. Louie Gohmert is calling for congressional hearings to find out what happened."That's the question: What are the federal officials thinking? The State Department is screwing up by ordering locals to release these fugitives," Gohmert, R-Texas, told FoxNews.com. "I don't know if it's corruption or incompetence, but it's one or the other and in my experience with federal government, I'm guessing it's incompetence."Scissors-32x32.png

"When we ran the check on the shotgun, then all of a sudden everyone in federal government became interested -- ATF, (the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives), FBI, Homeland Security, Immigration (and Customs Enforcement) all showed up," Smith said.

He said Homeland Security officials had told his department that Villarreal was a high-profile and wanted fugitive.

"We placed them in jail on money-laundering charges, seized the vehicle and the money, ICE came and picked them up from our jail and took them to Dallas and that's the last we've seen or heard of them," Smith said.

Villarreal and Botello posted bond, and on Feb. 6 were released into the custody of Homeland Security and ICE officers. They were taken to a Dallas detention center for deportation.

That's when the State Department intervened, according to Smith. He said Homeland Security officials called to tell him the federal diplomatic agency had ordered Villarreal and his wife released.

Scissors-32x32.png

More Fast and Furious crap?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/15/us-lawmaker-seeks-answers-after-state-department-error-releases-mexican/

righteousmomma

LOL, I played this for NCT and he said "OMG!!!" Only he said each word.and then i told him Geee and Rheo had said the same.

So i will now add me four!

As for the lunch box topic Rush was tolf of this by a caller yesterday and then he read the article. It went VIRAL!! Thisa morning I get up and our local conservative duo were talking about it and then this afternoon rush again had calls about it.

Another OMG is needed here!

Yesterday:

RUSH: This is from Raeford, North Carolina. Carolina Journal. I'm gonna read it to you exactly as it printed out here: "A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because a state employee told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious. The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips and apple juice did not meet US Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the agent who was inspecting all lunch boxes in her More at Four classroom that day."

The girl’s mother -- who said she wishes to remain anonymous to protect her daughter from retaliation -- said she received a note from the school stating that students who did not bring a 'healthy lunch' would be offered the missing portions, which could result in a fee from the cafeteria, in her case $1.25.

OMG!!! Thank you Michelle Obama!

Edited to ask: When I click on "reply" it says "to this article" but the article is not mentioned on my post?? I was replying to the Maxine Waters video.

• Like 1

Regarding Maxine Waters video, just proves that woman is stark raving mad, God have mercy on us if she gets her way, she is one dangerous idiot

• Like 1

As far as the school lunch deal, I think they would have had a visit from me and to heck with giving them $1.25 for their lunch. I try to limit the chicken nuggest with granddaughters. Also couldn't find naything wrong with the lunch the child took to school anyway.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

You need to click Quote if you want it quoted. Reply is just for your reply.

DUHHH I am seriously getting concernded about me/myself and I.

I knew thaaaaaaat but forgot, was oblivious, brain dead. Really gettin' scary.

It’s official: Chicago is nation’s corruption capital

Interesting read.

Scissors-32x32.png

But he added that laws alone will not end corruption in Illinois. Only “a change of will” can do that, he said.

Emanuel said later Wednesday that he doesn’t need a study to convince him to get moving on ethics reform.

From day one, he’s pledged to make it a cornerstone of his new administration, as if to draw the curtain on the scandal-scarred Daley years.

“Before I was 24 hours at my desk, we signed six executive orders all dealing with revolving doors and other steps to change the ethics rules of the road here in the city,” the mayor said.

“We brought a level of transparency that had not existed to date to no-bid contracts, where there was also a level of corruption. We also took action putting 261 databases on line — 30 million lines of data. We put online for the first time, if you’re a lobbyist, who you meet with, who pays you, have you contributed.”

Emanuel also swore off campaign contributions from city lobbyists and insulated city employees from pressure they had felt to give gifts or make political contributions to the mayor, department heads or city supervisors. He also is revising city ethics laws.

“I don’t need a report to prod me into acting,” he said. “I did not need a UIC study to say we have some work to do as it relates to ethical standards around here and I didn’t need that study to say I’m gonna take steps.”

---

Shaking my head.