Farewell to the National Football League

WestVirginiaRebel

Draggingtree
1 hour ago, Valin said:

Young and Clueless

Oh but the Houston Chroncile and TV all over this "all" saying it was wrong to kick them off the team--oh the coach is a pastor and ex marine :flag:

Draggingtree

A lesson was taught to these young men...Actions Have Consequences.  A lesson that should have been taught to them many years before. I wonder how their fellow students reacted?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Author Unknown-  To the NFL and its players

To the NFL and its players,

If I have brain cancer, I don’t ask my dentist what I should do. If my car has a problem, I don’t seek help from a plumber! Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with you, but even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle!

You seem to have this over inflated view of yourselves, thinking because you enjoy working on such a large scale stage, that somehow your opinion about everything matters. The NFL realizes the importance of its “image” so it has rules that specify the clothes and insignia you can wear, the language you use, and your “antics” after a touchdown or other “great” play. But somehow you and your employer don’t seem to care that you disgrace the entire nation and its 320 million people in the eyes of the world by publicly disrespecting this country, its flag, and its anthem! The taxpaying citizens of this country subsidize your plush work environments, yet you choose to use those venues to openly offend those very citizens.  :snip:   http://iotwreport.com/author-unknown-to-the-nfl-and-its-players/

It’s Time to Give the NFL Players Protesting Exactly What They Want

By Brother Bob  6 Comments  Thu, Oct, 26th, 2017

Racism-300x215.jpg

I’m willing to give the NFL players a little bit of slack on these National Anthem protests. Think back to your 20s – how well educated on current events were you beyond the headlines? And their career path is a lot different than most of ours – if you want to stay employed at the professional level you’ve got to truly apply yourself and immerse yourself at the craft. I’m hoping that doesn’t come off like I’m applying the term “dumb jock” or using it as an excuse for bad behavior, and I’m only giving that as some justification when this first started. If you’re a player still taking part in this stupidity, it’s time to get the facts straight on the issue you’re claiming to champion. But I’m willing to indulge, so let’s look at some important elements of what this “National Discussion on Race” these protests are supposed to initiate.

Black Americans have some very real grievances with how they have been treated based on their race, so let’s start addressing them by looking at a few recent examples. First, let’s look at education. We all know that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a racist, because every Leftist tells us that he is. But forget the alleged heresy from decades ago, how about Sessions’ recent efforts to deny black children their right to an education?  Yes, you read that right, our nation’s Attorney General sought to block minority children from leaving failing schools in the name of… diversity. Even worse, there a number of bigots who feel that nonwhite students aren’t smart enough to be held to the same academic standards as white students.  :snip: http://www.floppingaces.net/2017/10/26/its-time-to-give-the-nfl-players-protesting-exactly-what-they-want/