6 Highlights From Trump's Arizona Rally

Valin

highlights-from-trumps-arizona-rally-n2372198

Leah Barkoukis

Aug 23, 2017

During his 77-minute “Make America Great Again” rally speech, President Trump railed against the media, but also discussed a government shutdown, NAFTA, and more. Here are six of the most important things you need to know from his speech.

1. Trump went after the media harder than usual, calling reporters “damned dishonest” and blaming them for fanning the flames of racial tension in the country. He reread his statements about the violence in Charlottesville but omitted the controversial “many sides” remark.

(Snip)

2. Trump said the government would shut down if funding for the border wall doesn’t happen.

"Now the obstructionist Democrats would like us not to do it, but believe me, if we have to close down our government we're building that wall. ... Let me be very clear to Democrats in Congress who oppose a border wall and stand in the way of border security. You are putting all of America's safety at risk."

3. The president also suggested he may pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio in the future.

(Snip)

4. He blasted Arizona’s Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, but did not mention them by name.

(Snip)

5. On NAFTA, he said we’ll renegotiate or terminate the trade deal.

(Snip)

6. Trump also commented on the CEOs who left his council in the wake of his response to the violence in Charlottesville.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

:blink:....:wallbash:

This is why so many people don't trust the MSM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valin said:
highlights-from-trumps-arizona-rally-n2372198

Leah Barkoukis

Aug 23, 2017

During his 77-minute “Make America Great Again” rally speech, President Trump railed against the media, but also discussed a government shutdown, NAFTA, and more. Here are six of the most important things you need to know from his speech.

1. Trump went after the media harder than usual, calling reporters “damned dishonest” and blaming them for fanning the flames of racial tension in the country. He reread his statements about the violence in Charlottesville but omitted the controversial “many sides” remark.

(Snip)

2. Trump said the government would shut down if funding for the border wall doesn’t happen.

"Now the obstructionist Democrats would like us not to do it, but believe me, if we have to close down our government we're building that wall. ... Let me be very clear to Democrats in Congress who oppose a border wall and stand in the way of border security. You are putting all of America's safety at risk."

3. The president also suggested he may pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio in the future.

(Snip)

4. He blasted Arizona’s Republican Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake, but did not mention them by name.

(Snip)

5. On NAFTA, he said we’ll renegotiate or terminate the trade deal.

(Snip)

6. Trump also commented on the CEOs who left his council in the wake of his response to the violence in Charlottesville.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

:blink:....:wallbash:

This is why so many people don't trust the MSM.

I have family members who agree with Don Lemon, and one who isn't sure.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

While They Rage, Trump Builds

By Roger Kimball| August 22, 2017

What’s the highest pleasure known to man? Christian theologians talk about the visio beatifica, the “beatific vision” of God.

Alas, that communion is granted to very few in this life. For the common run of mankind, I suspect, the highest pleasure is moral infatuation.

Like a heartbeat, moral infatuation has a systolic and diastolic phase. In the systolic phase, there is an abrupt contraction of sputtering indignation: fury, outrage, high horses everywhere. Delicious.

Then there is the gratifying period of recovery: the warm bath of self-satisfaction, set like a jelly in a communal ecstasy of unanchored virtue signaling.

The communal element is key. For while individuals may experience and enjoy moral infatuation, the overall effect is greatly magnified when shared.

One case in point was afforded by the mass ecstasy that accompanied Maximilien Robespierre’s effort to establish a Republic of Virtue in 1793.   :snip: https://amgreatness.com/2017/08/22/rage-trump-builds/

Draggingtree

Scarborough: “Chilling” that “so many Americans” voted for Trump 

Posted by Mark Finkelstein    August 23, 2017 at 8:30am

Warned you: “watch out, America, watch out Republicans, you better not do this”

https://youtu.be/yZ8JHBSzJb4

Looks like Joe Scarborough might be getting bored with attacking Donald Trump. So now he’s turning on the people who put Trump into office.

On today’s Morning Joe, Scarborough cited comments made by James Clapper after Trump’s remarks in Phoenix last night, and by Michael Hayden in 2016, questioning Trump’s fitness for office, specifically with regard to the potential use of nuclear weapons. Joe then referenced a statement made by Mika Brzezinksi prior to the election in which she warned Americans against voting for Trump.

(more…)    :snip: 

Draggingtree

Phoenix Rally: Trump Attacks Media for Dishonesty, Media Melts Down 

Posted by Mary Chastain    August 23, 2017 at 11:30am

Don Lemon thinks Trump is trying to start a civil war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxwe16H2g9U

Last night, President Donald Trump held a rally in Phoenix, AZ, where he trashed the media for its dishonesty about his remarks about Charlottesville. He also railed against the GOP in Congress for not repealing Obamacare. From Fox News:

But Trump was most animated when defending himself against accusations he wasn’t forceful enough in condemning the white supremacists and racists who were protesting in Charlottesville earlier this month. He blamed the media for distorting his comments.

(more…)   :snip: 

Draggingtree

Because it never gets old: Police blast Phoenix rioter in crotch with pepper-ball cannon

By Robert Laurie

LAURIE082317-2.jpg

Oh, dear me.  When a fully-triggered leftist decides to kick a can of teargas back at the police during a riot, you can be fairly certain it’s not going to end well for him. He’s basically begging the police to fire back, so he can claim some sort of politically correct victim status.  :snip: 

Dear MSM

I am very glad to see that I am not the only person who doesn't get it. For the last 10-15 years I've been saying "I Don't Get It." Now I see I'm just like you...with one small difference, I understand that I Don't Get It, and I've accepted it.....Apparently You Don't.

With no due respect

Valin

(skinny old white guy)

• Like 2

On 8/23/2017 at 7:46 AM, Valin said:

They REALLY don't get it......

...Even when it is explained to them in small simple words.

DU: Stunned Don Lemon Reacts To Trump's rally in Phoenix

My Personal Favorite.

Scarsdale (2,336 posts)

5. Look, I know that

mentally challenged people have to be treated gently, but THIS atrocity HAS TO BE STOPPED. This is supposed to be the president of the "greatest country in the world" or used to be. The gop deserves to be hounded and pilloried for quietly standing by, letting this orange asshole spew his bile, dividing the entire country. He is a disgrace. THIS is the best the gop had to offer? REALLY?

Feel The Love!