If It Leads, It Bleeds

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

If It Leads, It Bleeds

By Justin Raimondo - JUNE 29, 2017

Kathy Griffin, “comedienne,” posts a photo of herself holding up the bloodied head of President Trump, gore dripping down his face.

A Central Park production of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar features an assassinated Caesar as Trump: The audience roars its approval as Brutus & Co. plunge their knives into him.  Meanwhile, the background music broadcast by the “mainstream” media is playing loud and clear: “Trump is a traitor!”  “He’s a Russian agent!”  “Collusion!”  “Treason!”

The day after the Senate “Intelligence” Committee grilled Attorney General Jeff Sessions about how many meetings he’d had with the Russian ambassador, a gunman opened fire at Republican members of Congress who were practicing for the annual GOP-Democrat baseball game.  Five people were injured, including Rep. Steve Scalise (R-IA).  Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) told media he was leaving the game when a man came up to him in the parking lot and asked if the players were Republicans or Democrats.

This was likely the shooter, one James T. Hodgkinson, 66-year-old resident of Belleville, Illinois, who was shot by Capitol police and died from his injuries.  He had plenty of ammo: :snip: 

Draggingtree

The Russia House: Pope or Kafka?

By Roger Kimball| July 16, 2017

Not the Pope, Francis the anti-American environmentalist Jesuit. No, I mean Alex, the 18th-century English poet.

Here’s my question: Is the whole Russia-meddled-in-U.S.-election/Donald-Trump-colluded-with-Putin-to-snatch-the-presidency-from-its-rightful-owner,-H.-Clinton narrative an example of what Pope talked about at the beginning of The Rape of the Lock?

What dire Offence from am’rous Causes springs,
What mighty Quarrels rise from trivial Things . . . 

Or is Kafka’s book The Trial a better entrée into the fevered and surreal swamp that has Democratic, and not a few Republican, heads exploding with conspiratorial visions?

Poor Josef K.: there was no crime, there wasn’t ever even a trial, only a suffocating atmosphere of menace populated by malevolent state actors: clean, well-dressed chaps who show up at your front door and take you away—There! Was that Max Boot and Gabe Schoenfeld? Or maybe Ralph Peters and Richard Blumenthal and Robert Mueller? In this light it’s so hard to see. But they’ve latched on to the fellow—Josef., Don Jr., whatever—and you know how it ends: “the hands of one of the gentleman were laid on K.’s throat, while the other pushed the knife deep into his heart and twisted it there, twice.” :snip: https://amgreatness.com/2017/07/16/russia-house-pope-kafka/

Draggingtree

Define the term Never Trump?

I ask this because as far as I can see it has come to mean someone who questions some of what Trump has said and done. It is rapidly becoming someone who does not bow down before the Great And Powerful Trump. I have started to call the EverTrumpers.

I have several phrases I could say to Mr. Raimondo...none of which are suitable for a family friendly site like this....use your imagination.

• Like 1

Draggingtree
5 hours ago, Valin said:

Draggingtree

Define the term Never Trump?

I ask this because as far as I can see it has come to mean someone who questions some of what Trump has said and done. It is rapidly becoming someone who does not bow down before the Great And Powerful Trump. I have started to call the EverTrumpers.

I have several phrases I could say to Mr. Raimondo...none of which are suitable for a family friendly site like this....use your imagination.

I Know Nothing