Why Does the Left Really Despise the Confederacy?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Why Does the Left Really Despise the Confederacy?

By Ryan Walters on Jun 19, 2017

The South and its history are currently under assault, the most aggressive and far-reaching that we have ever seen, at least up to this point.  The monuments are gone in New Orleans and seem to be headed for extinction in Virginia and Maryland too.  And of course the flag is always under attack and that campaign is growing by the day.

The big question is why this is happening. Why are Leftist Democrats taking aim at the South? Why the Soviet-style erasing of history?

There are certainly explanations.  A recent one – “Why the Democrats Want You To Forget the Confederacy” – came from Joseph Farah at World Net Daily:

I have a theory. I don’t think it explains the phenomenon in its entirety. But I definitely think it’s part of the explanation for the scorched-earth policy against American history, the attempt to erase any historical vestige of the most costly war in our history.

First, you will notice that Democrats are nearly always at the forefront of this kind of activity.  :snip: https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/why-does-the-left-really-despise-the-confederacy/