Thoughts from the ammo line..Picture This edition

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-165.php

John Hinderaker

April 27 2017

Ammo Grrrll invites us to PICTURE THIS. She writes:

Hollywood and The Internet love lists and competitions. Every year People magazine crowns some man as “The Most Handsome Man in the World” and puts his picture on the cover. Sometimes I find the man reasonably attractive – though rarely armed and usually not manly or old enough for my taste – and sometimes I say out loud right there in the checkout line: “Are you kidding me? Mr. AG is much cuter than him!” Sometimes people behind me will move to another line even if there are elderly women in it with lots of coupons and checkbooks.

Now (Hat Tip: Ace of Spades), a couple weeks ago, along comes a clickbait list from an outfit called Buzznet of the 30 Most Beautiful Women in the World. Yes! The whole world!

(Snip)

So confining the pool just to Lady Baby Boomers, AND if I lost the last #@&* ten pounds I have lost at least forty times, I could move up many notches to, say, fifty-millionth best-looking woman. Though what possible difference that would make in my very happy, blessed life I cannot say. I know that with Carole Lombard deceased and Scarlett Johansson not available, that I am at least #6 on Mr. AG’s list and that is enough for me.

I feel quite confident that with Buzznet’s ideologically-driven list of 30 ladies, I can type faster and shoot more accurately than any of them. So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice. Hopefully, I’m funnier too, except for Hilarious Hillary, who, as we saw on the campaign trail, brought the house down with that knee-slapper “Deplorable” routine. And who can forget: “Did you wipe your server?” “You mean, like, with a cloth?” Hooboy, that’s comedy gold!

• Like 2