For White House Counterterror Adviser, Media Attacks Are Latest Theater of Battle

Geee

white-house-counterterror-adviser-media-attacks-latest-theater-battleFree Beacon:

World War II bomber pilots liked to say if you're not taking flak, you're not over the target. By any measure, Sebastian Gorka, a counterterrorism adviser to President Donald Trump, is in the eye of an unprecedented flak storm from liberal press outlets. The enemy fire proves he must be doing something right thing.

"Look, these attacks are just too predictable," Gorka said in an interview. "As they say in the military, ‘you're only taking flak if you're over the target.'"

For Gorka, the most revealing aspect of the many column inches devoted to the criticism is that "it's never truly about our policies or the issues that matter most."Scissors-32x32.png

The Washington Post Smeared Sebastian Gorka

And they clearly didn’t bother to understand the foreign-policy views of one of Trump’s senior advisers on foreign policy.

Last week, the Washington Post ran a story of a type familiar to its longtime readers: the random drive-by hit on a prominent Republican national-security official. In a remarkably hostile and misleading profile (“For a Trump Adviser, an Odyssey from the Fringes of Washington to the Center of Power”), the paper portrayed White House counterterrorism adviser Sebastian Gorka as something akin to a national-security danger himself. It might be useful to reflect on what Gorka has argued, and what the policies are that he would like to see replaced.

Gorka’s critics, including at the Post, appear to have developed selective amnesia about the counterterror record of the recently departed Obama administration. Recall that Barack Obama entered the White House in 2009 determined to “end wars” against terrorists, partly by declaring these wars to be over. The former president seems to have believed that by reaching out to global Muslim opinion, expunging “jihadist,” “Islamist,” and similar terms from official documents such as the 2010 Quadrennial Defense Review, pressing Israelis on territorial concessions, blaming the Bush years for America’s international woes, focusing much more narrowly on the core of al-Qaeda along the Pakistanti-Afghan border, scaling back the inherited American counterterror apparatus, supporting moderate Islamists, and emphasizing his own transformative autobiographical potential, he might undercut support for terrorist jihadists throughout the Muslim world.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445264/washington-post-sebastian-gorka-liberal-paper-smears-trump-adviser

@Geee

A Thought Occurred To Me. Yes an actual thought ohmy.png ! Don't Worry 1. it probably won't happen again 2. i won't let it go to my head.

Why not have a pinned thread titled "What The MSM Say Donald Trump Did Wrong Today."

• Like 1

@Geee

A Thought Occurred To Me. Yes an actual thought ohmy.png ! Don't Worry 1. it probably won't happen again 2. i won't let it go to my head.

Why not have a pinned thread titled "What The MSM Say Donald Trump Did Wrong Today."

It's probably going to be rather lengthywink.png

@Geee

It's probably going to be rather lengthywink.png

You could probably get a half a page a day just from HuffPo

In Hungary, Sebastian Gorka Fought and Tried to Undermine the Anti-Semitism of the Far-Right

Last week, The Forward published a highly misleading article about Deputy Assistant to the President Dr. Sebastian Gorka, incorrectly insinuating he has had “ties” with anti-Semites in Hungary. This narrative is a complete perversion of his involvement in Hungarian politics, which was an example of the opposite: Gorka has a decades-long record as an opponent of anti-Semitism, xenophobia and anti-American sentiment in Hungary who fought to undermine elements on the political right—even going as far as helping launch a political party to push conservative voters away from anti-Semitic parties.

Significantly, Budapest-based Forward writer Lili Bayer provides neither a single anti-Jewish quote from Gorka himself, nor cites anyone who claims Gorka holds any hateful views. Instead, Bayer spends most of her article darkly pushing inflammatory quotes through attempts at guilt-by-association—even as Gorka has denied any association with the people The Forward is trying desperately to tie him to.Scissors-32x32.png

https://pjmedia.com/blog/in-hungary-sebastian-gorka-fought-and-tried-to-undermine-the-anti-semitism-of-the-far-right/