A few thoughts on this new “left-wing tea party” movement

Valin

a-few-thoughts-on-this-new-left-wing-teaHot Air:

Jazz Shaw

Feb 12 1017

There’s no doubt that liberals, unhappy with the election of Donald Trump as the nation’s next president, are up in arms and taking to the streets in significant numbers. Something (or someone) is clearly driving them (if not funding them) to activism in broad strokes. They’ve been showing up at town hall meetings and disrupting the normal order of business, quite similar to what was seen in 2008 through 2010. This has led the media to attempt to draw tempting parallels to the genesis of the Tea Party. Another example of this phenomenon is found in a weekend piece at the Washington Post which seeks to describe both the opportunities and perils awaiting Democrats should they attempt to hitch their wagon to this new unruly beast. (Washington Post)

(Snip)

The incentive for left-leaning reporters to try to make these comparisons is obvious and in some ways understandable. What is not being reported, either intentionally or through oversight, is the fact that there are also significant differences between the ground game being seen in 2017 and what took place at the end of George W. Bush’s term in office.

Having been around for that raucous era, I can well remember much of the chaos that engulfed the “movement.” When the Tea Party formed, it was quite the hot mess. It began in fits and starts in different parts of the nation, frequently with less than glowing results. In the upstate New York area where I live, two different tea party groups formed with headquarters less than an hour apart. The two organizations almost immediately went to war with each other, while at the same time fighting internal battles with competing leaders attempting to set the agenda. When money was required it was donated by willing and well intended members but all too often, in the normal fashion of such things, bad actors would arrive and attempt to pocket the cash for themselves. All in all, the fact the tea party managed to survive was something of a miracle in and of itself.

What we’re seeing today is almost entirely different. I do not doubt the sincerity of many of the liberal activists expressing their outrage, but the mechanisms being used to engage and coordinate their efforts are both obvious and very different from the early days of the Tea Party. ....(Snip)

Field Recognition Guide
Mitch Berg
Feb 13 2017

When I saw that Democrat protesters – led, inevitably, by paid activist shills – were howling and stomping at Republican town hall meetings, I knew it was a matter of time before our dimbulb media started making comparisons with the Tea Party.

And sure enough, they are.

So with two “Tea Parties” floating around, how can you tell the difference?

Never let it be said I’m not here to help. Here’s the Shot In The Dark “Tea Party Field Recognition Guide.

(Snip)