Silicon Valley’s Ro Khanna: I Will Go to Jail to Resist Donald Trump

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
silicon-valley-rep-ro-khanna-d-ca-will-go-jail-resist-donald-trump-immigrationBreitbart:

Newly-elected Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) of Silicon Valley vows that he will go to jail to protest the presidency of Donald Trump as part of the “California Resistance” to the new administration.

In an interview with Randy Shandobil of the “This Golden State” podcast, Khanna, a first-generation American whose parents immigrated from India, referred to Gandhi’s campaign of civil disobedience against British rule in the subcontinent.

“Resistance, for me, is something — I think of my grandfather. He spent four years in jail during Gandhi’s independence movement in the 1940s to fight for India’s freedom … Donald Trump, as much of a step backwards as that was, has a four-year term … four years in a democracy is a far easier challenge than the one my grandfather had.”

Khanna served in the Obama administration before challenging Rep. Mike Honda (D-CA) in an unsuccessful bid for the Silicon Valley seat in 2014. He came back again in 2016 and won.

Asked what Khanna would do if federal agents came to his district, the 17th district of California, looking for immigrants to deport, Khanna said he would risk arrest.

“I think there is a point of civil disobedience. I hope it won’t come to that … if it came to a point where I thought there was a deep moral injustice, where they were rounding up folks who are going and living their lives, and have been in this country, and they’re splitting families, and there is moment of moral leadership needed, then I think I would.”

________

It's delusion all the way down...