Top House Dem priority: Saving Pelosi … again

Draggingtree

top-house-dem-priority-saving-pelosi-againHot Air:

Top House Dem priority: Saving Pelosi … again

posted at 1:01 pm on November 12, 2016 by Ed Morrissey

Well, why not? Democrats resurrected Hillary Clinton after she incompetently booted an easy lay-up to the nomination in 2008 to a one-term Senate backbencher, and look how well that worked out for them. Oh, wait … After losing four straight House election cycles to two different Republican leaders, one might think that Congressional Democrats would want new leadership. Apparently, some of them believe that the fifth time will be the charm:

House Democrats close to Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) are circulating a letter within the Democratic Women’s Caucus pledging support for the California Democrat to remain House Democratic leader amid growing frustration at the party’s disastrous showing in Tuesday’s election.

The letter, written by Rep. Doris Matsui (D-Calif.), says that Pelosi helped Democrats achieve “historic progress in the lives of women, workers, students, veterans, seniors and LGBT Americans,” according to a copy of it obtained by the Washington Post. As of Friday afternoon 40 of the 54 women had signed the letter, according to aides.

“We believe that now, more than ever, our Caucus and our country need your strategic, battle-tested leadership to guide us through the years ahead,” the letter reads. Scissors-32x32.png

• 3 weeks later...

Pelosi's job on the line in leadership vote

House Democrats will decide Wednesday whether to re-elect longtime House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, who faces a formidable challenge from a much younger and more disgruntled member of her caucus.

Rep. Tim Ryan, of Ohio, believes the party's November election debacle calls for a leadership shakeup in the House Democratic Caucus, which has ceded more than 60 seats to the GOP since 2010 and has been marginalized in the minority for three election cycles.

Some Democrats agree with Ryan, although the discontent is probably not deep enough to topple Pelosi, one of the most powerful and trailblazing Democrats in history.

Ryan will face off against Pelosi Wednesday morning in a House office building, behind closed doors. Democrats will pick between the two lawmakers via secret ballot, a format some believe may make it easier for lawmakers to vote against Pelosi.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pelosis-job-on-the-line-in-leadership-vote/article/2608468

They need to keep Nancy Pelosi.............because she's done a good job!

For us smile.png

i wonder if she could be a secret Republican?

Go Nancy... I have contributed a large number of carbon credits to your campaign fund.

While my donation was quite large... I'm not sure that it is nearly enough to offset your what you are expected to produce in your leadership position this year.

cow.jpg

Best wishes on the vote today. We need you leading the Democrat agenda in Congress for many more years to come.

laugh.png@NCTexan - posted this on a different thread this morning:

California regulates cow farts

http://www.fox5ny.co...220448846-story

I'd expect nothing less from California and Queen Nancy.

Strange how the idea of funding the gasbag's reelection came to mind... and the other post.

Some things are just so obvious.

Well Someone Had To Do It.

Why Not Me? biggrin.png

I still cannot fathom how people who are acclaimed to have a modicum of intelligence reelected this surgically rejuvenated brain-dead cadaver. lightningbolt.gif

• Like 2

I still cannot fathom how people who are acclaimed to have a modicum of intelligence reelected this surgically rejuvenated brain-dead cadaver. lightningbolt.gif

Sexist!!! tongue.png

• Like 1

You'll have to approve her election again to see what's inside!

Now if we could only bring Dingy Harry back again to complete this dynamic duo!

• Like 2