It’s Here: Trump And Clinton To Face Off In First Debate

Geee

righteousmomma

I think after all the pundits and "experts" get through opining one thing will matter and that is how the voters reacted to Trump and Hillary. Hillary gained no new voters as far as i can determine but Independents favored Trump. Considering he is not a professional politician I think he did fine, will get a pass from most of the Country for all the obvious reasons we have talked about for months, even years and none of this will hurt him in the least.

About tonight’s horrific spectacle

By Curt 2 Comments Mon, Sep, 26th, 2016 150 views

Matt Walsh:

For the first 30 minutes, Trump was great. In fact I was legitimately impressed. He put Hillary on the defensive and she responded by cackling and stammering and flashing an evil grin like Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Hillary is absolutely awful when you take her off her script. She knows how to do what she practiced, but she doesn’t know how to respond like a regular human person when she’s backed into a corner.

Unfortunately, the debate was not 30 minutes. It was 90 minutes. And those last 60 were a disaster for Trump. Period. And if you want him to win, you need to criticize him now and stop pretending everything he touches is gold. Or he will lose. Badly. That’s the situation. Time to deal with it.

Trump let Hillary get away with virtually every lie she told. She shrugged off her email scandal by calling it a mistake and Trump did not follow up. Later she spoke about the need for cyber security and Trump didn’t even bother bringing up that Clinton kept an unsecure server in her freaking bathroom. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.floppingaces.net/most-wanted/about-tonights-horrific-spectacle/

Clinton-Trump round one a draw — and that’s bad news for Hillary

By Post Editorial Board / September 27, 2016 | 1:42am

The first Clinton-Trump debate was roughly a draw — which is bad news for her, because she needs to turn this race around, and she failed.

Clinton was on the attack most of the night, with the marked help of moderator Lester Holt. But she didn’t score any body blows — nor remotely offer a rationale for her candidacy beyond he’s just too dangerous, a case she failed to make.

Trump wasted time on pointless defense on basically irrelevant issues — the birther stuff, his taxes and so on. But he didn’t come off as the maniac she needs him to be. New to this game, yes; too volatile, no. Scissors-32x32.png

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/clinton-trump-round-one-a-draw-and-thats-bad-news-for-hillary/

• Like 1

righteousmomma

And those last 60 were a disaster for Trump. Period. And if you want him to win, you need to criticize him now and stop pretending everything he touches is gold. Or he will lose. Badly. That’s the situation. Time to deal with it.

Trump let Hillary get away with virtually every lie she told. She shrugged off her email scandal by calling it a mistake and Trump did not follow up. Later she spoke about the need for cyber security and Trump didn’t even bother bringing up that Clinton kept an unsecure server in her freaking bathroom.

I think Matt Walsh is wrong on this and misunderstands us.

• Like 1

"Trump let Hillary get away with virtually every lie she told. She shrugged off her email scandal by calling it a mistake and Trump did not follow up. Later she spoke about the need for cyber security and Trump didn’t even bother bringing up that Clinton kept an unsecure server in her freaking bathroom. "

I think I said on the debate thread that I hoped he would take that opportunity - it was a perfect lead in to it, but sadly he didn't.

Trump Dominated the First Presidential Debate

Max Ledoux September 26, 2016 136 COMMENTS

Donald Trump was a dominating force in the first of the presidential debates. First, Lester Holt: He mostly stayed out of the way, letting the candidates speak and interact with each other. Holt deserves much credit for his deft handling of an undoubtedly difficult task. However, Trump also refused to allow Holt to interrupt on the occasions that Holt tried to redirect the conversation, first on stop-and-frisk and then on Trump’s position on the Iraq war. Trump would not allow Holt to take over. In short, Trump did what Mitt Romney couldn’t and John McCain wouldn’t: He refused to allow the moderator and the other candidate to direct the conversation. He refused to buy into the premise of the questions.

Hillary Clinton wore a fake, sickly smile throughout the debate, glancing condescendingly in Trump’s direction and rolling her eyes. “Well, just listen to what he said,” she said at one point Scissors-32x32.png

https://ricochet.com/376094/trump-dominated-first-presidential-debate/

• Like 1

And those last 60 were a disaster for Trump. Period. And if you want him to win, you need to criticize him now and stop pretending everything he touches is gold. Or he will lose. Badly. That’s the situation. Time to deal with it.

Trump let Hillary get away with virtually every lie she told. She shrugged off her email scandal by calling it a mistake and Trump did not follow up. Later she spoke about the need for cyber security and Trump didn’t even bother bringing up that Clinton kept an unsecure server in her freaking bathroom.

Read link in other debate thread I posted. Even though on art of debate she won, 63% of those 5% that changed their mind moved to Trump based mainly on feelings about candidate they got.

• Like 1

Read link in other debate thread I posted. Even though on art of debate she won, 63% of those 5% that changed their mind moved to Trump based mainly on feelings about candidate they got.

Over and above what she said, a lot of people just did not like her stupid smile and smirk (known by me on the debate thread as the Howdy Doody smilewink.png )

• Like 1

NBC's Lester Holt emerges from debate bruised and partisan

Debate moderator Lester Holt came into Monday night as a news anchor with a sterling reputation for being a non-partisan newsman.

He enters Tuesday with at least 40 percent of the country questioning that distinction.

Holt was largely invisible in Monday's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, and that was a good thing. He mostly allowed the exchanges between the two candidates to simply follow their own path. This led to some of the more heated back-and-forths you'll ever witness in such a setting, with Trump and Clinton consistently interjecting during the other's comments, particularly Trump.

But when Holt wasn't being invisible, he was targeting Trump's weaknesses while avoiding Clinton's.

That's not to say the Republican nominee shouldn't have been challenged or fact-checked. But as we've seen throughout this general election campaign, only one candidate is getting fact-checked while the other largely gets a pass.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/297978-nbcs-lester-holt-emerges-from-debate-bruised-and-partisan

The Andrew Klavan Show

Episode 195: When Evil Met Stupid

September 27, 2016

0 COMMENTS

Many of you watching the debate last night might have been thinking to yourself: “Holy crap, my country is going down the toilet in a gigantic whirl of offal that resembles one candidate who is a neurotic ignoramus and another who is the incarnation of evil…” Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://ricochet.com/podcast/evil-met-stupid/

• Like 1

Time, CNBC, and Drudge vs. CNN

Paul A. Rahe September 27, 2016 35 COMMENTS

After last night’s debate, CNN, Time, CNBC, and the Drudge Report conducted online polls on their websites of those who had watched the debate.

According to CNN, 62% of the voters who tuned in thought that Hillary had won. Time reports that 55% thought that Trump had won. CNBC informs us that 67% thought that Trump had won. And the Drudge Report found that 82.34% thought that Trump had won.

Go figure. Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://ricochet.com/376202/time-cnbc-drudge-vs-cnn/

Hillary’s 'Body-Shamed' Beauty Queen Accused of Being Accomplice to Attempted Murder and Threatening Judge

The Venezuelan beauty queen Hillary Clinton mentioned during the debate with Donald Trump Tuesday night has a dark history with the law, it has emerged. While she was still living in Venezuela, Alicia Machado was accused of driving the getaway car after an attempted murder but “got off” due to lack of evidence. She also stands accused of threatening a judge.

Clinton cited Machado -- the first woman to win the Miss Universe beauty contest after Donald Trump took over the reins in 1996 -- as an example of Trump’s boorish misogyny.Scissors-32x32.png

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/09/27/hillarys-body-shamed-beauty-queen-accused-of-being-accomplice-to-attempted-murder-and-threatening-judge/

Draggingtree

September 30, 2016

Alicia Machado Has Lived A, Err, Colorful Life.
Why Is the Media Deliberately Making Its Stories Less Interesting By Refusing to Mention That?

Questions that will never be answered, I'm afraid. It's a mystery.

As a rule, reporters like to keep their stories interesting, which is why the coverage we’ve seen of Alicia Machado is so curious.

This has been the week of Machado, who became famous literally overnight when Hillary Clinton brought her up at Monday's debate. The next day saw numerous outlets writing pieces on Machado, boosted along by a conference call held by the Clinton campaign for journalists.

The former Miss Universe, who says that Donald Trump fat-shamed her and alleges that he called her "Ms. Piggy" and "Ms. Housekeeping," and generally humiliated her after she put on weight, is now the star of a Clinton ad. An obscure figure in America less than a week ago, Machado is perhaps the biggest story in politics at the moment.

So it's almost inexplicable that, despite all this coverage, the publications discussing the extraordinary stories of her life are mostly right-wing ones.

The most interesting thing about the mainstream articles is what they leave out. Scissors-32x32.png

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/366104.php