Despite endorsement, Cruz declines to say whether or not he believes Donald Trump is fit to be president

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
despite-endorsement-cruz-declines-to-say-whether-or-not-he-believes-donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-presidentThe Blaze:

One day after his endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz declined to answer whether or not he believes the billionaire businessman is fit to serve as president.

Cruz, who was attending the Texas Tribune festival in Austin, Texas, was asked by Tribune reporter Evan Smith directly whether or not he thinks Trump measures up.

“Do you consider Donald Trump to be fit to be president?” Smith asked Cruz.

“I think we have one of two choices,” Cruz replied. According to the Tribune, Cruz did not expand on his answer.

Evans also asked Cruz whether or not he meant some of the former insults he launched at Trump during the primaries, including the times he labeled Trump a “serial philanderer,” a “pathological liar” and “utterly immoral.”

“I have had many, many disagreements with Donald Trump, some of which you have cataloged. And I have not been at all reluctant to articulate exactly why I believe that I should be the nominee instead of him,” Cruz said. “We are in a general election now. I don’t think it is productive for me to criticize the Republican nominee today.”

________

The non-endorsement endorsement?

despite-endorsement-cruz-declines-to-say-whether-or-not-he-believes-donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-president:

One day after his endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz declined to answer whether or not he believes the billionaire businessman is fit to serve as president.

Cruz, who was attending the Texas Tribune festival in Austin, Texas, was asked by Tribune reporter Evan Smith directly whether or not he thinks Trump measures up.

“Do you consider Donald Trump to be fit to be president?” Smith asked Cruz.

“I think we have one of two choices,” Cruz replied. According to the Tribune, Cruz did not expand on his answer.

Evans also asked Cruz whether or not he meant some of the former insults he launched at Trump during the primaries, including the times he labeled Trump a “serial philanderer,” a “pathological liar” and “utterly immoral.”

“I have had many, many disagreements with Donald Trump, some of which you have cataloged. And I have not been at all reluctant to articulate exactly why I believe that I should be the nominee instead of him,” Cruz said. “We are in a general election now. I don’t think it is productive for me to criticize the Republican nominee today.”

________

The non-endorsement endorsement?

Oh come on guys -- don't be so ^^^^^^^ stupid

righteousmomma

See The Blaze and his interview with Glen Beck. http://www.theblaze.com/news/ted-cruz/

As for the Texas polls you can find several sources if you search.

I told Donald that before the convention. I said that over and over and over again. And when we talked about, “Well, what could the campaign do to give any degree of reassurance on the Constitution and the rule of law,” we discussed the Supreme Court as being one of the great checks protecting the Constitution and the rule of law. And the Trump campaign committing to nominate from that list was an important change that gave me significant reassurance and helped me get to the point of saying yes.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/09/26/glenn-grills-ted-cruz-on-what-it-means-to-vote-your-conscience/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

Almost every one of our constitutional rights hangs in the balance. We have a narrowly divided court, with Justice Scalia’s passing. Just about every right we cherish is at risk of being lost, whether it is the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. And in the Heller case, which I helped win, that was a 5-4 victory that upheld the individual right to keep and bear arms. The next president, probably in January, will nominate a justice that will either uphold the individual right to keep and bear arms or attempt to revoke it forever.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/09/26/glenn-grills-ted-cruz-on-what-it-means-to-vote-your-conscience/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

“What I said is this is a binary choice,” Cruz said, not specifically addressing the question. “I’ve tried very, very hard to prevent it from being a binary choice between Hillary and Donald Trump.”

Cruz said that his speech at the GOP convention wasn’t a speech against Trump as much but about uniting Republicans under conservative values.

“What I was trying to do at Cleveland was lay out a path to uniting Republicans and lay out a path to winning,” Cruz said. “And in particular, I was saying to the Trump campaign, ‘This is how you earn my vote and, I believe, how you earn the vote of other conservatives: You defend freedom and defend the Constitution. This is about principles and ideas.’ That’s the test I’m applying. What I do know is that Hillary Clinton fails that test profoundly.”

• Like 1