Judicial Watch: Federal Court Orders Hillary Clinton to Answer Questions under Oath in Email Scandal

Valin

judicial-watch-statement-interrogatories-depositions-hillary-clintons-email-systemJudicial Watch:

AUGUST 19, 2016

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton made the following statement regarding U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan’s decision granting Judicial Watch permission to submit interrogatories to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and to depose the former Director of Information Resource Management of the Executive Secretariat (“S/ES-IRM”) John Bentel:

“We are pleased that this federal court ordered Hillary Clinton to provide written answers under oath to some key questions about her email scandal,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “We will move quickly to get these answers. The decision is a reminder that Hillary Clinton is not above the law.”

The court order reads:

[T] the State Department shall release all remaining documents responsive to Judicial Watch’s Freedom of Information Act request by no later than September 30, 2016; and it is FURTHER ORDERED that, consistent with Rule 33 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Judicial Watch may serve interrogatories on Secretary Clinton by no later than October 14, 2016 … Secretary Clinton’s responses are due by no later than thirty days thereafter … Judicial Watch may depose Mr. Bentel by no later than October 31, 2016.

In his opinion Judge Sullivan writes:

The Court is persuaded that Secretary Clinton’s testimony is necessary to enable her to explain on the record the purpose for the creation and operation of the clintonemail.com system for State Department business.

(Snip)

• Like 1

New Abedin Emails Reveal Hillary Clinton State Department Gave Special Access to Top Clinton Foundation Donors
Crown Prince of Bahrain Forced to Go Through Foundation to See Clinton, after Pledging $32 Million to Clinton Global Initiative
Hollywood Executive Casey Wasserman, Slimfast Mogul Daniel Abraham, Controversial Appointee Rajiv Fernando also among Clinton Foundation Donors Granted Special Favors from Clinton State Department

AUGUST 22, 2016

Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released 725 pages of new State Department documents, including previously unreleased email exchanges in which former Hillary Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin provided influential Clinton Foundation donors special, expedited access to the secretary of state. In many instances, the preferential treatment provided to donors was at the specific request of Clinton Foundation executive Douglas Band.

The new documents included 20 Hillary Clinton email exchanges not previously turned over to the State Department, bringing the known total to date to 191 of new Clinton emails (not part of the 55,000 pages of emails that Clinton turned over to the State Department). These records further appear to contradict statements by Clinton that, “as far as she knew,” all of her government emails were turned over to the State Department.

The Abedin emails reveal that the longtime Clinton aide apparently served as a conduit between Clinton Foundation donors and Hillary Clinton while Clinton served as secretary of state. In more than a dozen email exchanges, Abedin provided expedited, direct access to Clinton for donors who had contributed from $25,000 to $10 million to the Clinton Foundation. In many instances, Clinton Foundation top executive Doug Band, who worked with the Foundation throughout Hillary Clinton’s tenure at State, coordinated closely with Abedin. In Abedin’s June deposition to Judicial Watch, she conceded that part of her job at the State Department was taking care of “Clinton family matters.”

Included among the Abedin-Band emails is an exchange revealing that when Crown Prince Salman of Bahrain requested a meeting with Secretary of State Clinton, he was forced to go through the Clinton Foundation for an appointment. Abedin advised Band that when she went through “normal channels” at State, Clinton declined to meet. After Band intervened, however, the meeting was set up within forty-eight hours. According to the Clinton Foundation website, in 2005, Salman committed to establishing the Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Program (CPISP) for the Clinton Global Initiative. And by 2010, it had contributed $32 million to CGI. The Kingdom of Bahrain reportedly gave between $50,000 and $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation. And Bahrain Petroleum also gave an additional $25,000 to $50,000.

(Snip)

• Like 1

“Clinton Cash” Author Peter Schweizer On The Latest Clinton Foundation Revelations And His Relationship With Trump Campaign CEO Steve Bannon

Hugh Hewitt

Friday, August 26, 2016

Audio

(Snip)

HH: All right, good. Now what has the last two weeks added to the story of Clinton Cash?

PS: I think what it’s done is it’s filled in some of the lines. What we knew last year from Clinton Cash is that a lot of foreign entities were throwing a lot of money at the Clintons. And then when you looked at the actions that Hillary Clinton took as Secretary of State, her actions seemed to favor or benefit those donors. And you know, the Clinton Foundation attack against me personally was that well, there’s no evidence. There’s no evidence. This is just a coincidence. What these emails show is that it was not a coincidence, that the Clinton Foundation was a conduit for foreign oligarchs basically to gain access to the highest levels of the State Department. Ordinarily, a guy like Gilbert Chagoury could contact the State Department, and they wouldn’t pay him much notice. He’s a foreign national, he’s a foreign businessman, but the fact that you now have Clinton Foundation people in these emails going to senior State Department officials and saying we want you to meet and talk with this guy, he’s a good friend of ours, he’s important to us, makes all the difference in the world. So I think that the email trail is very damning.

(Snip)

The Clintonian Gaslighting Never Ends

If the Clinton Foundation was a high-minded charity, what was Sid Blumenthal doing working there?

Jonah Goldberg

August 27, 2016

(Snip)

But I have more questions. Such as, I wonder if the CEO of BleachBit is popping the champagne? I mean hes just gotten the greatest celebrity endorsement of a data-deletion product ever. They should cut an ad immediately. The CEO could say straight into the camera, BleachBit: Its so effective, its what the Clintons use to hide their Yoga e-mails. (But he would really need to hit the air quotes around Yoga.)

Cut to Trey Gowdy: Its so good, even God cant read them!

Oh, a moment ago I was saying something about lugubrious parasites, or something like that, which of course calls to mind Sidney Blumenthal. Now, my understanding is that Blumenthal doesnt in fact have bones so much as a quasi-skeleton made out of highly flexible cartilage, allowing him to get his head further up the rectum of anyone surnamed Clinton far more effectively than a normal human might.

Thats not important right now but it does remind me to again ask, If the Clinton Foundation is purely a wonderful and glorious charity, why on earth would Sid Blumenthal be working there?

I think it was Diogenes who first observed that no charity can claim to be truly noble if you can find Blumenthals retromingent trail greasing its corridors, his taffy-like saliva cobwebbing the corners like in an Alien movie. Its like saying, This Church does Gods work, not counting the pimp who turned the last three pews into an office and stable for his ladies. I mean some of the most horrible people in the world, after doing dark and unspeakable things in Tijuana that even the mule would prefer not to talk about, reassure themselves by saying, Well, at least Im not Sid Blumenthal.

(Snip)