The Runup to Brexit

Valin

the-runup-to-brexit.phpPower Line:

Steven Hayward

June 22, 2016

(Snip)

For now it is worth taking in some summarized versions of the closing argument made in London yesterday by the very impressive Michael Gove and Boris Johnson:

You can find lots more on the “Vote Leave” YouTube channel.

Draggingtree
6/24/2016

Filed under: General — JVW @ 1:53 pm

[guest post by JVW]

In the wake of last night’s historic referendum on leaving the European Union, the people of Great Britain woke up this morning to find that they are the scourge of of all “responsible thinking” people in the faculty lounges, boardrooms, and grand salons of the cultured world. Here’s a round-up of obnoxious opinion:

The Boston Globe editorial board spewed out a typically pretentious and predictably dull-witted editorial, beginning with a reference to Shakespeare and then discussing the geography of the Calais-to-Dover channel crossing before finally getting around to their main argument for why the EU is so indispensable, because in their minds it has kept the peace: “The entire project was designed to use economics to prevent armed conflict. That worked.” I’m sure the people of Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Croatia would find that to be an interesting assertion. But let’s set that aside for a moment. It is true that since the founding of the European Union that Germany has not invaded France or Belgium, but that might be more aptly attributed to the 60,000 U.S. troops stationed in Europe than all the striped-pants set in Brussels. The heart of the editorial is a boring recitation of the opportunities and challenges facing the EU and was clearly written when the outcome was in doubt. I read it so that you don’t have to, and I would never recommend that anyone waste their time with it. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://patterico.com/2016/06/24/partial-round-up-of-brexits-immediate-aftermath-revenge-of-the-establishment/