From the Editors’ Desk: Video of Oregon Refuge Shooting

Draggingtree

Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxDWKrjPQ&feature=youtu.be

Published on Jan 28, 2016

This is the complete video footage of a joint FBI and Oregon State Police traffic stop and OSP officer-involved shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. This footage, which has only been edited to blur out aircraft information, was taken by the FBI on 01/26/2016 and released by the FBI on 01/28/2016. Note regarding date/time stamp in the left corner of video: Pilots use Zulu Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), when they fly. Zulu time is eight hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time (PST). Therefore, although this footage was taken on January 26, 2016 in Oregon, the date/time stamp on the video shows just after midnight January 27, 2016.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

"Gun ownership is not an end in itself; it's part of what helps us to live a life of liberty..."

Can you be pro gun and yet be uncomfortable around the increasing number (it seems) of open carry enthusiasts?

Simcha Fisher has put up a related thought-provoking piece I find to be reasonable and rational:

"We all have guns," said Nancy Fine to an NPR interviewer yesterday. Fine lives in Burns, Oregon, where protesters have been congregating in solidarity with the militants who have been occupying Malheur National Wildlife Refuge for a month. Fine went on:

"But none of us wear them on our hip and kind of flaunt them around. We consider that extremely rude and ungentlemanly at best."

Fine says one sure way of identifying an outsider is a prominently displayed sidearm. She shoots a scornful glance at a trio of men standing in front of her, their arms crossed, their holsters hanging out. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.brutallyhonest.org/

• 4 weeks later...
Saturday, February 27, 2016
An Open Letter To The Three FBI Agents Who Killed (Murdered) LaVoy Finicum In Oregon

Via WRSA

Fox

VERBATIM

I’ve thought about you. All three of you, with your guns pointed at LaVoy Finicum. The video still haunts me.

I would have been the first one to give you the benefit of the doubt. I was raised around law enforcement. I know good men in law enforcement. But that changed for me, as it did thousands of Americans, with the events that unfurled in Oregon as I felt utterly stunned at what I viewed in that video.

I watched the grainy version of the video that the FBI administration released of LaVoy Finicums death, even though I knew that with our technology today, they have better, more clear footage and footage with audio from this event. But you will not release that, it is too incriminating for the FBI. They did this with purpose to deceive the public and that video would have revealed to the world your actions that day . This footage you did release, left people arguing about what they were seeing in the blurry video rather than to bring their attention to the way that three FBI agents ambushed and murdered an innocent, non-violent rancher with no criminal history. A man with a large family. A good man. A man who never threatened you. Scissors-32x32.png

http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2016/02/an-open-letter-to-three-fbi-agents-who.html

• 4 months later...
Draggingtree

Sources Say Grand Jury Convened in Coverup of LaVoy Finicum Murder – 4 FBI HRT Team Members May Be Indicted

TIM BROWN JULY 21, 2016

At least two sources are confirming that a Grand Jury has been called to decide if there is enough evidence to indict four FBI HRT team members in the coverup of LaVoy Finicum, who was shot and killed on January 26, 2016 by Oregon State Police.

Guerilla Media Network reports:

Guerilla Media Network received information 10 days ago that a Grand Jury had been called to decide if there was enough evidence concerning a coverup by "FBI HRT" Team Members on the ground in Burns Oregon, to formally charge them with a crime. Members of HRT, (Hostage Rescue Team) have been accused of shooting at LaVoy Finicum as he exited his vehicle on January 26, 2016 with his hands in the air.

Legal sources in Portland told GMN that they were aware the Grand Jury had been convened but did not have information about an actual indictment, at the time the information was passed down to us. Scissors-32x32.png

http://freedomoutpost.com/sources-say-grand-jury-convened-in-coverup-of-lavoy-finicum-murder-4-fbi-hrt-team-members-may-be-indicted/

• 11 months later...
Draggingtree

FBI Agent Indicted in Shooting Death of Rancher LaVoy Finicum

By Judi McLeod

cover062817.jpg

The truth will always out.  The truth will always out even when top authorities squat on it for five long months in efforts to suppress it from ever finding sunlight.

“An FBI agent has been indicted and accused of lying about firing shots at slain Oregon militia member LaVoy Finicum during a fatal roadside encounter, according to (a) report.” (NY Daily News, June 28, 2017)   :snip: