The Wall Street Journal’s hatchet job on Ted Cruz

Draggingtree

the-wall-street-journals-hatchet-job-on-ted-cruzBOOKWORM ROOM: The Wall Street Journal’s hatchet job on Ted Cruz

NOVEMBER 21, 2015

BY BOOKWORM 47 COMMENTS

I’ve made no secret of the fact that IsupportTed Cruz. I realize he’s not perfect, but no candidate is. What matters to me is that his political values most closely align with mine, that he’s not scared of a fight (and, especially, he’s not scared of the media), and that he is truly smarter than just about everyone else out there. I learned yesterday, though, that Kimberley Strassel at the Wall Street Journal most definitely does not like Cruz. She wrote a savage hit piece on him essentially blaming him for ISIS’s ability to spread throughout the UnitedStates. (That spread, of course, has nothing to do with Obama’s open borders policy and the contempt he shows for every person and idea that suggests that Islam might have a problem.)

But before honing in on her perception about Cruz’s alleged security failures, Strassel first lambastes him as a rank opportunist who cares only about self-aggrandizement and refuses to take care of the GOP’s need Scissors-32x32.png

Top 10 reasons to vote for Ted Cruz

NOVEMBER 26, 2015

BY BOOKWORM 7 COMMENTS

David P. Goldman (aka Spengler) is one of the smartest thinkers and writers out there. He’s knowledgeable, an insightful analyst, and leads with his brain, not his belly button. So if Goldman putstogether a list of the top ten reasons to vote for Ted Cruz, you can be damn sure that they’re not only superb reasons why Cruz should get the highest job in the land, they’re also not just a bare-bones laundry list, but are supported by facts and detailed analysis. Read this list and tell me if it doesn’t make you feel more comfortable giving Ted Cruz the top spot:

A month ago I predicted a Cruz-Rubio ticket. Now that Cruz has overtaken Carson to run neck-and-neck with Trump in the Iowa Quinnipiac University poll, Cruz is looking a lot like a winner. Here are my top 10 reasons to back him. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.bookwormroom.com/2015/11/26/top-10-reasons-to-vote-for-ted-cruz/

Ted Cruz’s Risky Bet

His best chance at winning is unifying the Tea Party—and he thinks he can.

By Erica Grieder

March 24, 2015

Ted Cruz began running for president when he was first elected to the Senate, in 2012, if not before. The only surprise about his official debut as a 2016 candidate was his choice of venue. Technically, the announcement came on Twitter, late Sunday night, but Monday marked his first public appearance as a presidential candidate. And as Cruz has often said, quoting Sun Tzu: “Every battle is won before it is fought. It is won by choosing the terrain on which the battle is fought.”

And evidently he’s chosen a fraught battleground on which to fight his presidential campaign. The campaigns of many a previous GOP contender have died on his chosen field, but there are reasons to believe he might—just might—be better positioned for victory.

The physical terrain Monday was Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, founded by Jerry Falwell, in 1971, as part of a vision “to build a Christian educational system for evangelical youth.” But Falwell’s vision, of course, was broader than that. The biggest thing he founded in the 1970s was the Moral Majority,Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/ted-cruz-risky-bet-116346#ixzz3sSnvcYkw