Hugh Hewitt TalksTo Charles G. Koch

Valin

good-profit-charles-g-kochHugh Hewitt Show:

Hugh Hewitt

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I interviewed Charles G. Koch about his fascinating new book Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built One of the World’s Most Successful Companies this Thanksgiving Eve:

Part 1

Part 2

Transcript:

HH: Special Thanksgiving eve hour and a half ahead. Charles Koch is one of the owners of the Koch Industries, and he has a brand new book out, Good Profit: How Creating Value For Others Built One Of The World’s Most Successful Companies. He joins me, I believe, from Wichita today. Charles Koch, welcome to the Hugh Hewitt Show.

CK: Hey, thanks, Hugh, thanks for having me.

HH: It is terrific to have you. I’ve got to tell my audience how this interview came about, because it is consistent. As I read Good Profit, I was struck by a lot of things, we have a lot of time to talk about it, but I was struck on Page 213. You wrote, “Motivating external parties to support the company also requires that our employees deal with them in a way that is in the best interest of the company as a whole.” And I thought of Kevin Gentry, who was sitting next to me on an airplane, Charles, and so I was reading Peggy Noonan’s book, and leaned over and said you’re Hugh Hewitt, aren’t you? Yeah. I think you’d like Charles Koch’s book, and he handed me Good Profit, his own copy. And then from that came this interview. Isn’t that the perfect example of how your corporation works with people?

CK: Well, that’s sure the way we try. Good for Kevin. He’s internalized these messages well.

(Snip)