Braised Short Ribs Recipe

Draggingtree

Braised Short Ribs Recipe

· Prep Time: Cooking Time: 4 hours after overnight seasoning Serves: 4-6 servings

Ingredients List

· 6 beef short ribs, about 14-16 ounces each

· 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon thyme leaves

· 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper

· extra-virgin olive oil

· 1 cup diced onion

· 1/2 cup diced carrot

· 1/2 cup diced celery

· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

· 2 1/2 cups red wine

· 5 cups beef or veal stock

· 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley

· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Season the short ribs with 1 tablespoon thyme and the cracked black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Take the short ribs out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking, allowing to come to room temperature. After 30 minutes, season them generously on all sides with salt.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat for 3 minutes. Pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil, and wait a minute or two, until the pan is almost smoking. Place the short ribs in the pan, and sear until they are nicely browned on all meaty sides. Depending on the size of your pan, you might have to sear the meat in batches. Do not crowd the meat and don't hurry; this step it will take at least 15-20 minutes.

Turn the heat down to medium, and add the onion, carrot, celery, and thyme springs. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up all the crusty bits in the pan. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables just begin to caramelize. Add the balsamic vinegar and red wine. Turn the heat up to high, and reduce the liquid by half. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://completerecipes.com/braised-short-ribs-recipe.html

@Draggingtree, although I am now a vegetarian about 98% of the time, I want you to know that I do appreciate the wonderful recipes you post. I can almost taste the complex combinations of ingredients in the recipes, for what it's worth.

@Draggingtree, although I am now a vegetarian about 98% of the time, I want you to know that I do appreciate the wonderful recipes you post. I can almost taste the complex combinations of ingredients in the recipes, for what it's worth.

If you would like I do have some vegetarian sites, which if you "R" hungry a person would eat cool.png these veggie meals/ not I I'm a meat eater.

• Like 1