Rubio to Trump: 'America is great' right now

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
252442-rubio-to-trump-america-is-greatThe Hill:

GOP presidential candidate Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday continued to push back against front-runner Donald Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again,” instead of going after the billionaire businessman himself.

“There’s one other candidate running, he says he’s going to make America great again,” Rubio told about 200 people gathered in a community center in Nevada, according to The New York Times.

“I understand what he means by that. I don’t mean that as a slight," the Florida senator insisted, according to the newspaper.

“I would remind everyone America is great,” Rubio continued. “There’s no nation on earth I would trade places with. There’s no other country I would rather be. The issue is not that we’re not great. The issue is whether we will remain great. The issue is, we can be even greater than we are now. We can be even more prosperous, more powerful."

Rubio, who has shied away from directly attacking Trump, has repeatedly taken issue with the slogan that has become synonymous with the real estate mogul’s 2016 White House bid.

________

"'There's no other country I'd rather be?'"

51nquDCT1VL.jpg

rolleyes.gif