A first look at Scott Walker's major foreign policy address

Geee

2570979Washington Examiner:

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will deliver a major foreign policy speech in South Carolina on Friday, during which the midwestern governor will have an opportunity to fully display his comprehension of international affairs.

His presidential campaign shared portions of the governor's speech in advance with reporters, and said Walker will put forward "his plan to reverse the failures of the Obama-Clinton foreign policy and restore American leadership in the world." The speech is titled, "The Retreat is Over: America Will Not Be Intimidated."

"With all of the challenges we face around the globe today, now is not the time for untested leadership. I have been tested like no other candidate in this race," Walker will say. "As president, I will send the following message: the retreat is over. American leadership is back and, together with our allies, we will not surrender another inch of ground to terrorists or any other power that threatens our safety. America will not be intimidated. And neither will I."Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee Moved

Walker moves to foreign policy in SC speech

Jesse Byrnes

Aug. 28 2015

Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker will turn to foreign policy in a speech Friday, arguing that “the world is complex, but some things are simple” in the early primary state of South Carolina. "There is good and there is evil," Walker will say, according to excerpts of his prepared remarks released by his campaign. "America is a force for good in the world. Radical Islamic terrorists are agents of pure evil," Walker will add, referring primarily to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Walker's speech, to be delivered in Charleston, touches on the Iran deal and comes as the Wisconsin governor looks to flesh out his campaign credentials on issues outside domestic policy. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush offered the first major foreign policy speech of the 2016 candidates earlier this month in California, also focusing on ISIS and the Middle East. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a hawkish presidential candidate, will also deliver a foreign policy speech Friday in Charleston, focused on China, something Walker has also looked at this week.

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will try to post these speech later today.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a hawkish presidential candidate, will also deliver a foreign policy speech Friday in Charleston, focused on China,

My Plan for Dealing with China in the 21st Century

Below, please find the text of Marco’s policy speech, as prepared for delivery, in Charleston, South Carolina today.

Today I’d like to discuss China’s rise in global affairs and what I’ll do as president to ensure it doesn’t undermine American interests. If there were any doubts about the importance of this topic, the financial events of the past week put them to rest.

On Monday, due in large part to a crash in China’s stock market, our own markets suffered their worst day in four years. Insecurity and anxiety about the future — already high for America’s families — climbed even higher.

It was a jarring illustration of how our economy has changed. In the 21st century, what happens across the world can impact American families as much as what happens across town. The affairs of foreign nations are increasingly our business, whether we like it or not, and this is especially true of China.

(Snip)