The Art of Being Offended: Part One

Draggingtree

REVOLUTION: Robert E. Lee Statue Removed in Dallas

September 14, 2017 by Cristina Laila 139 Comments

A statue of Robert E. Lee was removed from a Dallas park Thursday after the Dallas City Council voted 13-1 on Sept. 6 to have it removed, Fox News reports.

According to Fox 4, it took workers approximately 3 hours to remove the statue and place it onto the trailer which would then transfer it to a storage facility until a decision is made on where the statue will lay to rest.   :snip:   http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/revolution-robert-e-lee-statue-removed-dallas/

• 2 weeks later...

Destroying Monuments and Lies About Race

By Lloyd Marcus

marcus092317.jpg

While in Baltimore visiting my 89-year-old black dad, I thanked him for filling me and my four younger siblings with the Word of God. I told Dad how I would hear a minister on TV begin reciting a verse from the Bible and find myself reciting the verse along with him. I wondered how I knew that verse from the Bible. Then, it dawned on me, Dad filled us with the Word of God when we were kids. Dad chuckled and told me a story.     :snip:  

Draggingtree

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the lives of our ancestors by the records of history?"
Cicero, Roman orator

• 2 weeks later...

revisedhistory

Just another WordPress.com site

“Confederaphobia–An American Epidemic”

Posted on October 14, 2017

by Al Benson Jr.

Member, Board of Directors, Confederate Society of America

Anyone following my blogs knows this is a subject I have given considerable attention to over the years. I am glad someone has now written a book about this which goes into more detail than I can on my blog spots, and now concerned folks can begin to study this mental aberration in some detail.

Paul C. Graham has written a book, the title of which is the title I quoted for this article. It was only published this year by Shotwell Publishing  in Columbia, South Carolina. This is the publisher that is turning out many books that give you the knowledge to fight political correctness (cultural Marxism) with the truth. So few publishers today have the intestinal fortitude (guts) to publish books that deal with this form of cultural genocide that it is truly refreshing to find someone willing to take those people (cultural Marxists) on and print the truth about them–truth that will ultimately “make us free.”

Mr. Graham’s book is not a lengthy one, only 58 pages with three appendixes. The serious reader can get through it in a day, and it’s not written in high-flown language. It is for us ordinary folks, and, in most cases, we are the ones that need it. Mr. Graham deals  with this subject in some detail (he packs a lot in 58 pages) and he helps us to understand the mindset of those who hate all things Southern and Confederate.    :snip:   https://revisedhistory.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/confederaphobia-an-american-epidemic/

• 2 weeks later...

UT/TT Poll: Most Texas Voters say Confederate memorials shouldn’t move

Most Texas voters don’t want to remove Confederate memorials or put them in museums, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll. Most Republicans don't want to do anything at all.

BY ROSS RAMSEY OCT. 23, 2017 12 AM

Most Texas voters don’t want to remove Confederate memorials or put them in museums, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

Many of those who would leave the monuments in place said they should “remain where they are with historical context provided,” but a greater number would leave the memorials in place unchanged.

The partisan and racial divides within those responses were stark. Only 9 percent of Republicans would remove or relocate Confederate memorials, while 75 percent of Democrats would do so. A majority of Republicans would leave the monuments unchanged; a majority of Democrats would move them to museums. And while 60 percent of black voters would remove or relocate those symbols, 64 percent of white voters and 53 percent of Hispanic voters would leave them in place. :snip: 

• 3 months later...

Purging Graveyards for Progress

By Christopher J. Carter on Feb 8, 2018

Yes, give me a land with a grave in each spot
And names in the graves that shall not be forgot;
Yes, give me the land of the wreck and the tomb–
There is grandeur in graves–there is glory in gloom[1]

The new Kulturekampf, having already eyed and attacked the more visible elements of Dixie identity in prominent places across the South, feels its appetite growing. The long talons, sharpened on their success in removing public praise for the leaders of the South, now clawingly reach further and further into the quiet places of Southern repose. They rail and wail and attempt to rend any fond remaining sentiment to pieces. Take, for instance, the recent debacle which has disturbed Forest Hill Cemetery of Madison, Wisconsin.

These one hundred forty Southerners never returned home. Their graves grace a small, green field upon which they had never warred, but only died. :snip: 

In addition to the bodies of the fallen, the graveyard contained, until recently, two small memorials lauding their sacrifices. One has been removed and likely will not return as, it was said, it offered “no historical value.”[2] The other, according to the options on the table, will be altered, removed, or joined by another display to negate the monument’s message.  :snip:   https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/purging-graveyards-for-progress/

Monument Tarps in Charlottesville Removed AGAIN Tuesday Evening

Via Susan

Lee and Jackson ride again in Charlottesville, for the fourth time in four days... and the 12th time since City Council covered the monuments with hideous black tarps after a Charlottesville judge ruled that they could not be moved.  :snip: 

Citizens are fed up with the childish behavior and hateful rhetoric of former Vice-Mayor Wes Bellamy and his pals on City Council.  :snip:  https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2018/02/monument-tarps-in-charlottesville.html