WATCH: Carly Fiorina Talks About What's Next For Her Campaign

Valin

watch-carly-fiorina-tals-about-whats-next-for-her-campaign-n2036831?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTTownhall/Tip Sheet:

Katie Pavlich

Aug 10, 2015

Carly Fiorina had a knockout week after dominating in the first GOP debate hosted by Fox News. Now the question is what she'll do next and how she will use the new momentum behind her to keep going.

Fiorina sat down for an interview with Fox News Sunday to discuss what's next for her campaign.

• Like 3

Draggingtree

August 10, 2015

Carly: a flawed candidate

By Newsmachete

I've never been comfortable with Carly Fiorina because she ran as a no-issues moderate for the 2010 senate race in California, and she hasn't articulated any conservative principles before 2015.

But she has spoken up in other ways – just not very conservative-like:

Immediately after 9/11, Carly gave a speech where, in light of the 3,000 Americans who had just been slaughtered, her first concern was for... Muslims.

And as a business leader, I experienced a whole other set of emotions - first and foremost concern for the safety of our employees and their families. Concern for the security of our employees who are of Middle Eastern descent or who practice the Muslim religion here in the US and abroad. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/08/carly_a_flawed_candidate.html

• Like 1

August 10, 2015

By Newsmachete

I've never been comfortable with Carly Fiorina because she ran as a no-issues moderate for the 2010 senate race in California, and she hasn't articulated any conservative principles before 2015.

Immediately after 9/11, Carly gave a speech where, in light of the 3,000 Americans who had just been slaughtered, her first concern was for... Muslims.

And as a business leader, I experienced a whole other set of emotions - first and foremost concern for the safety of our employees and their families. Concern for the security of our employees who are of Middle Eastern descent or who practice the Muslim religion here in the US and abroad. Scissors-32x32.png

Those are some disturbing remarks.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

August 10, 2015

By Newsmachete

yes they are. click on the link and read her speech

• Like 1

righteousmomma

August 10, 2015

By Newsmachete

yes they are. click on the link and read her speech

Disturbing remarks, yes. However some of that taken in context was not as bad as presented. She said:

"I felt a deep and extraordinary connection to the people in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and on those airplanes, to the companies decimated, to the families forever altered, to the parents, and fathers, and mothers, and children who are still hoping beyond hope that their family members will return.

And as a business leader, I experienced a whole other set of emotions - first and foremost concern for the safety of our employees and their families. Concern for the security of our employees who are of Middle Eastern descent or who practice the Muslim religion here in the US and abroad. Concern for employees who are traveling, and how to get them home to their families as fast as possible. And then a concern for the safety of customers and partners located in the World Trade Center complex, in the Pentagon, and in the airline industry. Concern about the potential threat of cyber attacks against IT infrastructure. Concern for the security across our international operations.

These are not everyday concerns for a CEO and for that reason they are sobering. They are grounding. Times like these force you to think deeply about the role of leadership.

If the events of September 11 had never happened, I would have covered many topics with you tonight...."

As for praising the "caliphate" I seem to remember many doing the same. This was after all Sept 26,. 2001 - almost 14 years ago and its a changed world.

@righteousmama

Thank you. You put much better than would have.

the civilization I’m talking about was the Islamic world from the year 800 to 1600...

Got some real bad news for this guy. But the Islamic empire was a 1st rate civilization. Its (say) 950 AD and I have a choice of (say) Cairo or London...this is a no brainer...Cairo no contest.

History...History...History.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

No kidding, Valin. We cannot rewrite history then any more than now when opining about the War Between the States and slavery.

No kidding, Valin. We cannot rewrite history then any more than now when opining about the War Between the States and slavery.

Couple of quick thoughts.

One of the things I have come to realize about history, it's not simple, War Between the States was about slavery...and a lot more...and it didn't have to happen...like most wars.

For some reason many on our side think that saying anything positive about Muslims...Islam....or the Islamic civilization, is a bad thing. I think it is because they are looking for a bumper sticker answer.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

West Point historian: Of course the Civil War was about slavery

POSTED AT 8:01 PM ON AUGUST 10, 2015 BY ED MORRISSEY

Things seem awfully quiet these days, so perhaps it’s time for a nice academic discussion about a topic that will generate little passion on either side. Naaaaaah. Dennis Prager’s Prager University has a new lesson out today that follows up on the controversy surrounding the display of the Confederate flag on the grounds of South Carolina’s government, a display that began in 1962 and only ended last month. Did the Confederacy fight primarily to preserve slavery, or did they fight for a version of state’s rights that was independent of their attachment to the “peculiar institution”?

Scissors-32x32.png

Just another northern trying to explain something the doesn’t understand about the southern life style / Heritage