Fox News announces candidate line-up for prime-time debate

Geee

?intcmp=hpbt1Fox News:

Fox News has announced the line-up for the prime-time Republican presidential debate this Thursday, and here's who qualified:

Real estate magnate Donald Trump; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush; Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker; former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee; retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson; Texas Sen. Ted Cruz; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul; New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie; and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

The roster of 10 candidates was determined based on an average of the five most recent national polls. Trump as expected made the cut, securing the top slot. Right behind him were Bush and Walker, who each have posted strong numbers in recent surveys.

The drama, rather, was at the edge of the top 10. Christie and Kasich, who were hovering by that edge in recent polling, were able to qualify.Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

Kasich over Perry and Carly? Stupid. I suspect a major flop anyway with only an hour (I think). Even if two, it is nothing more than showing their faces.

• Like 1

Kasich over Perry and Carly? Stupid. I suspect a major flop anyway with only an hour (I think). Even if two, it is nothing more than showing their faces.

Somebody I saw tonight (short memory) calculated that subtracting out the admin time and if everything went well - each candidate would get 11 minutesblink.png

clearvision

If they get 11 minutes each that is more than I thought. So at least 2 hours 'debate'. If two hours with rules, questions, squabbles will be much less than 11 each since there is less than 120 to start with.

If they get 11 minutes each that is more than I thought. So at least 2 hours 'debate'. If two hours with rules, questions, squabbles will be much less than 11 each since there is less than 120 to start with.

They should have just split the candidates. The one half with the most percentage in prime time, the other half in the earlier debate.

righteousmomma

Carly will be in the 5 o'clock group with the rest of the bottom half. Disappoints me too but this is all driven by entertainment value. I am sure Kasich who tied with Carly deserves to be there but he and Trump have no love for each other apparently so.........

Stop calling this a debate! It's a joint press conference.

@clearvision

The really super important thing is DT will be there, because He's a really serious candidate....with really important things to say. rolleyes.gif

It's a joint press conference with everyone except DT already having memorized "answers" no matter the question. Still, we're all going to watch, aren't we? Shoot, even DT might have a few memorized answers at the ready.