How We Talk About Motherhood

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

how-we-talk-about-motherhood:
How We Talk About Motherhood

By GRACY OLMSTEADJuly 31, 2015, 12:05 AM

“The point of having a child is to be rent asunder, torn in two.”

In light of the Planned Parenthood videos released over the past two weeks, readingthose words yesterday stirred a little irony and sadness in me. True: parenthood is about the disruption of the self. But how often, in today’s world, have we reversed those roles—rejecting parenthood in favor of rending an unborn child asunder?

“Here is the truth about abortion: It kills an unborn baby,” Damon Linker wrote forThe Week last Wednesday. “We all know this—and with continuing advances in ultrasound technology, it’s something we know with greater and greater certainty all the time.”

Each video by the Center for Medical Progress has exposed ways in which Planned Parenthood harvests the organs of unborn babies for research. Some protest and say that this is an entirely legal process, and one that does not benefit the company monetarily in any way. But Matthew Lee Anderson responded well at Mere Orthodoxy when he wrote, Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Where Are the Animal Rights Activists on the Planned Parenthood Videos?

By Brother Bob 2 Comments

Sun, Aug, 2nd, 201

5 426 views

IMG_7761-300x227.jpg

In my 200+ posts since I started blogging I’ve never dedicated a post to the topic of abortion for a number of reasons. The main one is probably that people’s opinions are mostly set and so much has been written by both sides that I’ve never seen any angle where I could make any kind of meaningful contribution to the conversation.

Occasionally I’ll mention the issue as a sidebar to another story, such as the dishonest language that the Radical Left has to use to make their policies seem more palatable to the general public.

The content of the recently exposed Planned Parenthood videos has been just as interesting as the mainstream media’s attempts to ignore them, and there is a different angle that I want to look at. As you’ve no doubt guessed from the title of this post I’m wondering why the crowd against animal cruelty isn’t weighing in here? I took a look at PETA’s web site to see if they had anything to say. Here are some blurbs from their web sites, emphasis mine. First, inPETA’s mission statement we learn that Scissors-32x32.png