I'm Offended

Valin

Draggingtree
shield-confed.jpg
Confederate States of America

The Confederate seal, representing the sixth nation governing Texas during its history, appears in three places on the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, the Texas State Library and Archives Commission’s headquarters. The front exterior seal is glass mosaic; the rear exterior seal is terra-cotta. It also repeats on the three bronze entry doors. The seal features George Washington on horseback, encircled by the cash crops of the south: corn, cotton, wheat and tobacco. On Feb. 23, 1861, Texas became one of the 11 southern states that seceded from the Union to form the Confederacy. Though the Civil War ended in April of 1865, Texas was not readmitted to the Union until March of 1870.

Page last modified: July 1, 2014

Draggingtree

(click flag to enlarge)
granburyflag.JPG
Battle Flag of the
17th and 18th Texas Cavalry
(dismounted) Consolidated
Granbury's Texas Brigade

This is the finest Hardee battle flag (blue field with white ellipse) in existence. In 1863, the troops of Cleburne's Division had resisted instructions to replace their blue Hardee flags with the standard red Confederate battle flag. The division, however, had won such an outstanding reputation as fighters that army commanders allowed them to retain their distinctive flags for the rest of the war -- the only command in the Army of Tennessee so honored.

In November of 1863, the 17th and 18th Texas received its new flannel Hardee flag inscribed with the battle honors of the previous campaigns: "Arkansas Post," "Chickamauga," "Tunnel Hill," and "Ringgold Gap." During the Atlanta Campaign,Granbury's Texas Brigade (including the 17th and 18th Texas) participated in some of the hardest fighting of the war. On July 22, 1864 at the Battle of Atlanta, while fighting in the Confederate front lines, the 17th and 18 Texas became cut-off, and nearly surrounded, forcing the surrender of a large number of its men. After a brief hand-to-hand struggle, the battle flag was taken by General William T. Clark. After the war, veterans of the 17th and 18th Texas made considerable efforts to locate the flag, which in 1914 was returned to Texas by Gen. Clark's widow.

Language Warning.

No, Cupcake, there is no right not to be offended!

Nicki

Aug 29 2015

I swear… our society has become this bizarre caricature of itself, where everyone is searching for something to be outraged about, anything that will allow them to whine and claim racism… or offense… or microaggression… or some other perceived offense.

(Snip)

Let’s get something straight, Cupcakes: You. Do. Not. Have. The. Right. Not. To. Be. Offended.

Did I write that slowly enough for you?

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE OFFENDED.

Was that loud enough and emphatic enough for you?

(Snip)

crazy-pierced-tattooed-people-17.jpg?w=3

And if you look like this, yes I will think you are a freak, and no, I won’t apologize for it. You did this to yourself. You wanted the attention. Now you got it. Oh, it wasn’t the kind of attention you wanted? Too bad, Cupcake.

The fact that you’re offended obligates me to nothing. A right exists among every individual and does not diminish others’ rights when exercised. I have the right to speak, to think, to understand, to criticize, to judge, and to express myself as I see fit. Your pathetic attempts to limit or alter my right to do so is evidence that your butthurt is not a violation of your rights, but simply the mewling of a pathetic, frail sissy who hasn’t been taught how to exist in the real world.

• Like 3

You tell 'em, Nicki! biggrin.png

I wonder just how much money it cost and how much time it took for this guy to do that?

blink.png

Lots of time and money. He's a sad, sad speciman of a person. 100 years ago he would be in a carnival tent.

You tell 'em, Nicki! biggrin.png

I wonder just how much money it cost and how much time it took for this guy to do that?

blink.png

Lots of time and money. He's a sad, sad speciman of a person. 100 years ago he would be in a carnival tent.

I feel sorry for him and his parents!!! Well, then again who knows what kind of parents might have raised that. They may aor may not warrant sympathy.

• 1 month later...
Draggingtree
We Are Too Easily Offended Today And I Blame The Left

Posted by John Hitchcock on 2015/09/12

Can you stop being offended long enough to watch this roast of Sammy Davis, Jr? Can you laugh along with all the audience and all the people on the dais? Or do you always look for a reason to be offended?

Scissors-32x32.png

https://truthbeforedishonor.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/we-are-too-easily-offended-today-and-i-blame-the-left/

• 4 weeks later...
University Of Mississippi Refuses To Fly The State Flag

Mississippi’s state flag includes the Confederate battle emblem. So the University of Mississippi won’t fly it any more.

By D.C. McAllister OCTOBER 27, 2015

The attack on Southern culture continues as another organization removes the Confederate flag from public view. The University of Mississippi has lowered the state flag from its Oxford campus because it contains the Confederate battle emblem, which some say is a painful reminder of slavery and segregation.

After the student senate, the faculty senate, and other groups such as the NAACP adopted a student-led resolution calling for removing the banner from campus, Interim Chancellor Morris Stocks ordered the flag to be taken away and sent to the university’s archives. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://thefederalist.com/2015/10/27/university-of-mississippi-refuses-to-fly-the-state-flag/

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Via sauced07

An assault Sunday on a man who had a Confederate flag decal on his truck could be investigated as a hate crime, Salt Lake City cops said.

Cellphone video of the encounter shows a black man punching and knocking out a white man during an argument purportedly about the rebel insignia, FOX13 reported. The two men exchange words before the assailant drops the white man to the ground with a vicious right hook.

“I’ll be damned if I ever come Scissors-32x32.pngto Salt L ake again without bringing my gun,” said Kelly Leeper, who was at the scene and is a friend of the man who was punched. http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2015/11/fight-over-confederate-flag-decal-could.html

• 3 weeks later...

Confederate flag photo sends university into panic "'Symbol of hate' prompts quick response to prevent student trauma"

Via Billy

Framingham-State-University.jpg

Alert! Alert! A Massachusetts university is scrambling to protect its students from trauma after school officials discovered what they consider an “upsetting” image on a laptop.

Was it a terror threat? No.

An armed lunatic threatening the school? No.

The alarming “bias incident” involved … a photo of a Confederate flag.

More @ WND

Confederate flag photo sends university into panic "'Symbol of hate' prompts quick response to prevent student trauma"

Via Billy

Framingham-State-University.jpg

Alert! Alert! A Massachusetts university is scrambling to protect its students from trauma after school officials discovered what they consider an “upsetting” image on a laptop.

Was it a terror threat? No.

An armed lunatic threatening the school? No.

The alarming “bias incident” involved … a photo of a Confederate flag.

More @ WND

wallbash.gif

• Like 1

Woodrow-Wilson-Princeton-University.jpgSubmitted to the Princeton Alumni Weekly by my friend William Park, Princeton University Class of 1951, on learning that the University may remove “Woodrow Wilson” from its buildings:

I can sympathize with the Black League of Justice, but why stop with Wilson? The time for purity has arrived. Wilson was a segregationist; [Princeton graduate James] Madison owned slaves. Even the name of our most venerable building [Nassau Hall] reeks of tyranny. It honors William III, the Prince of Orange-Nassau. Compared to him Wilson was a cream puff. He made war on the Irish, slaughtered thousands, and imposed martial law. On top of these atrocities, he colonized Northern Ireland with Scotch Presbyterians (among them the Wilsons) who to this day have lorded it over the native population. Not only should Nassau be expunged, so too should Orange from the school colors. Finally, Princeton itself, the former College of New Jersey, renamed Prince-ton by Wilson, flagrantly honors monarchy and the divine right of kings. It too should go. At last we awake from this nightmare of history.
Scissors-32x32.png

Facebook Removes UC Berkeley’s ‘White Student Union’ Page

Posted by David Ticzon Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 11:00am

A Facebook spokesman said the page wasn’t removed for its content, but because its creator had used a fake name.

SF Gate reports.

Facebook yanks ‘White Student Union’ page at UC Berkeley

A Facebook page created over the weekend claiming to represent a “White Student Union” at UC Berkeley has been removed by the social media company after it found that the page creator had used a fake name.

The page, which angered some students and prompted condemnation from Chancellor Nick Dirks and Vice Chancellor Na’ilah Nasir, was similar to postings claiming to be for clubs for white students at 75 college campuses across the country. Among them were UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara and Cal State Fullerton.

The pages said the campus clubs were open to “students of European descent.”
Scissors-32x32.png

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2015/11/facebook-removes-uc-berkeleys-white-student-union-page/

U. Colorado Prof Declares Whiteness a Disease
Posted by Aleister Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 9:30am

No racial double standards here. How does a person who believes such things get a teaching job?

Frontpage Mag reports.

Professor Declares ‘Whiteness’ a ‘Disease’

I had always looked upon my six-year-old son as a blessing.

But now I realize that he is a disease.

My wife, my parents, my grandparents, and every member of my family, both living and deceased, are likewise a disease.

But if you are reading this right now, and you are white, you should know that your children and all of your loved ones are also a disease.
Scissors-32x32.png

Mass. School Offers Counseling For ‘Victims’ Of Confederate Flag Sticker

After a student filed a “bias report” accusing a student with a Confederate flag sticker on his laptop of racism, Framingham State University officials offered offended students counseling.

“We recognize that bias incidents are upsetting for the entire campus community, but especially for the target(s) and witness(es) of these incidents,” wrote Sean Huddleston, the Massachusetts-based school’s chief diversity and inclusion officer, in a campus-wide email published in part by FSU campus newspaper The Gatepost. “It is strongly suggested that anyone impacted by a bias incident find someone to speak with.”

In his email, Huddleston assured students “symbols such as these are not condoned by Framingham State University” but that the school wouldn’t ban the flag, as it is protected by First Amendment free speech rights.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/26/mass-school-offers-counseling-for-victims-of-confederate-flag-sticker/

I'm wondering why so many people call them snowflakes. That sounds racist to me. White. But I suppose the fragility is what they're seeing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lee Circle battle moves to court: Federal lawsuit filed to halt monuments removal in New Orleans
Via Billy

New%2BOrleans.jpg
Opponents of New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu's plan to remove Confederate monuments at Lee Circle and three other locations filed a lawsuit in federal court Thursday (Dec. 17), just hours after the City Council approved the mayor's proposal Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2015/12/lee-circle-battle-moves-to-court.html
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hate Whitey Month

By ROD DREHER January 18, 2016, 9:54 AM

Portland Community College, a public college that serves 90,000 students calls itself the largest secondary education institution in Oregon, is staging a “Whiteness History Month” plainly designed to convince white students to despise themselves and their culture. That’s not how the PCC website puts it, of course:

Whiteness History Month: Context, Consequences and Change is a multidisciplinary, district-wide, educational project examining race and racism through an exploration of the construction of whiteness, its origins and heritage. Scheduled for the month of April 2016, the project seeks to inspire innovative and practical solutions to community issues and social problems that stem from racism.

More:

Whiteness History Month Project, unlike heritage months, is not a celebratory endeavor, it is an effort to change our campus climate.

The Project seeks to challenge the master narrative of race and racism through an exploration of the social construction of whiteness. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/hate-whitey-month-portland-community-college/

I'm wondering why so many people call them snowflakes. That sounds racist to me. White. But I suppose the fragility is what they're seeing.

Sweet @nickydog!

"Dingle-berries" is more accurate in terms of color, fragrance & usefulness!