Should I Run for President? Election 2016 as ‘The Voice’

Valin

?singlepage=truePJ Media:

Roger L Simon

MAY 27, 2015

Well, should I? Don’t laugh. These days everybody seems to be. Even Rick Santorum’s back -= after a distinguished career in filmmaking.

Some months ago I was at Newsmax’s studio for the Steve Malzberg Show and — because he was so much taller than I – nearly bumped into Steve’s next guest on the way out. Who was that, I wondered? Then I realized — it was George Pataki, onetime governor of New York. Whatever happened to him, I thought? Now we know. He’s running for president too.

We’ve got a pediatric neurosurgeon, a mixed success CEO, a baker’s dozen of governors and senators (some former, others not), and, as always, possibly Donald Trump. Why not a mystery writer? At the very least I wouldn’t have assumed ISIS was the jayvee team. I know a good MacGuffin when I see one.

Okay, you’re probably asking, what’s my platform? (You’re not?) Well, to put it bluntly, I’m a libertarian neocon. Is that confusing? Let me clarify. On domestic issues, I agree with practically everything Rand Paul says. On foreign policy, I disagree with practically everything Rand Paul says.

In the words of Groucho Marx, “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them…well, I have others.”

(Snip)