New Book, ‘Clinton Cash,’ Questions Foreign Donations to Foundation

Valin

Published on Apr 16, 2015

The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation is changing the way it accepts foreign donations because of Hillary's presidential campaign. Critics say the charity takes millions of dollars a year from governments and other donors that want political influence. Julianna Goldman reports on how the new rules aren't necessarily addressing the concerns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJvYvzeSyk

Published on Apr 22, 2015

Political liability? Charles Krauthammer on whether a new book could hurt Hillary Clinton's presidential bid.
Fox News: The O'Reilly Factor

‘CLINTON CASH’ GOES HOLLYWOOD: ‘AVENGERS’ STAR MARK RUFFALO WANTS HILLARY PRIMARIED

Actor Mark Ruffalo posted a link to an investigation based on Peter Schweizer’s new exposé Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich on his Twitter page Thursday, a possible signal that Schweizer’s book has penetrated the Hollywood establishment’s liberal entertainment elite.

In his post, the Avengers star took a jab at presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, calling Clinton’s involvement in the newly revealed Uranium One scandal a “problem” and reiterating his desire to see Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren challenge Clinton for the Democratic nomination in 2016.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/04/24/clinton-cash-goes-hollywood-avengers-star-mark-ruffalo-wants-hillary-primaried/

A Quick Guide to the Questions About Clinton Cash

Après Schweizer, le déluge. At the start of the week, The New York Times revealed that Peter Schweizer, a Republican researcher, was close to publishing a book delving into the financial dealings of the Clinton Foundation. The book focuses on how donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation correlated with favorable decisions from the State Department while Hillary Clinton was secretary. What's more, several news organizations had agreements with Schweizer to report on the findings in the book.

It's been clear for some time that the Clinton Foundation presented tricky and novel conflict-of-interest challenges for the candidate, and now the specific stories of those challenges are emerging. In fact, it can be tough to keep them straight. Here's a quick rundown.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/more-money-more-problems-a-guide-to-hillary-clintons-cash-scandals/391299/

NYT Slams Clinton Minions For Misdirection and Obfuscation Surrounding Money Scandal

The New York Times is slamming the Clinton campaign and their allies for accusing the newspaper of outsourcing their journalism to "right-wing" authors and sources.

"I wonder is if the Clinton message machine ever decides to kind of recalibrate and dial it back a little bit. Because right now, and this isn't all coming from the Clinton camp itself but from the orbit around them where you have these people whose main goal is to misdirect and obfuscate every time there's the slightest bit of criticism about the Clintons leadership," NYT reporter Jeremy Peters said during an interview with MSNBC. "They are definitely misdirecting here. I mean, this is what Media Matters exists to do."Scissors-32x32.png

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/04/24/nyt-slams-hillary-clinton-for-misdirecting-on-payforplay-allegations-n1989988

• Like 1

Unraveling: Liberal Common Cause demands Clinton Foundation, Hillary audit

The financial issues plaguing Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign have become too much even for liberal groups, and now Common Cause is calling for an independent audit of donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Amid suggestions that foreign governments donated to the foundation in hopes of getting special treatment from President Obama's State Department when Clinton was his top diplomat, the group on Friday said a "thorough review" is needed.

"Six years ago, at Mrs. Clinton's confirmation hearing for her appointment as secretary of state, then-Sen. Dick Lugar observed that 'that foreign governments and entities may perceive the Clinton Foundation as a means to gain favor with the secretary of state.' He was right, and his remarks remain relevant today as Mrs. Clinton seeks the presidency," said Common Cause President Miles Rapoport.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/unraveling-liberal-common-cause-demands-clinton-foundation-hillary-audit/article/2563565

I bet she won't.

The comeback kid? rolleyes.gif

blink.png

Hillary now raising funds off of evidence of her corrupt fundraising

posted at 2:41 pm on April 24, 2015 by Allahpundit

When youre credibly accused of selling government influence to enemy powers in exchange for truckloads of cash, the obvious response is to ask your allies to give you truckloads of cash too. If youre a sociopath, I mean; if not, you should probably apologize, return the money, and quietly retire to reflect on what youve become.

I wonder if theres an infinite-regression element to this tactic. Like, will the next fundraising e-mail from Podesta point to conservative blogs complaining about todays fundraising e-mail, urging Hillary fans to strike back at the right by sending her their gold fillings?

In the message, campaign Chairman John Podesta asks Clinton backers to rally around their candidate as a former Republican operative with ties to a Koch-funded organization uses allegations and conspiracy theories to stitch together a false narrative about Hillary without producing a single shred of evidence.

Its the first Clinton fundraising e-mail to reference the book Clinton Cash, by Peter Schweizer, and also includes two of the same talking points sent to Clinton allies earlier this week: summaries of stories debunking some of the books claims, published by Time and Yahoo News

Were only two weeks into the election and were already up against these baseless attacks, Podesta writes. If we dont fight back now, we send a signal to our opponents that well shrivel in the face of whatever will follow.

In a sign of the Clinton teams reliance on the same kind of data practices that the Obama campaign used, the e-mail was sent out with at least two distinct subject lines: Theres just no evidence and Have Hillarys back against these baseless attacks.

• Like 1

I bet she won't.

blink.png

Hillary now raising funds off of evidence of her corrupt fundraising

posted at 2:41 pm on April 24, 2015 by Allahpundit

When youre credibly accused of selling government influence to enemy powers in exchange for truckloads of cash, the obvious response is to ask your allies to give you truckloads of cash too. If youre a sociopath, I mean; if not, you should probably apologize, return the money, and quietly retire to reflect on what youve become.

I wonder if theres an infinite-regression element to this tactic. Like, will the next fundraising e-mail from Podesta point to conservative blogs complaining about todays fundraising e-mail, urging Hillary fans to strike back at the right by sending her their gold fillings?

In the message, campaign Chairman John Podesta asks Clinton backers to rally around their candidate as a former Republican operative with ties to a Koch-funded organization uses allegations and conspiracy theories to stitch together a false narrative about Hillary without producing a single shred of evidence.

Its the first Clinton fundraising e-mail to reference the book Clinton Cash, by Peter Schweizer, and also includes two of the same talking points sent to Clinton allies earlier this week: summaries of stories debunking some of the books claims, published by Time and Yahoo News

Were only two weeks into the election and were already up against these baseless attacks, Podesta writes. If we dont fight back now, we send a signal to our opponents that well shrivel in the face of whatever will follow.

In a sign of the Clinton teams reliance on the same kind of data practices that the Obama campaign used, the e-mail was sent out with at least two distinct subject lines: Theres just no evidence and Have Hillarys back against these baseless attacks.

Addendum:

Seth Meyers A personage evidently of some importance and with a razor like wit (well maybe not a whole with...probably only half) explains this all to you.

A large tumbler of whiskey is highly recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRMkYD2a18

Only made it through the first two minutes - couldn't take it!

Obviously you don't understand great comedy! biggrin.png

OTOH

‘Clinton Cash’ Goes Hollywood: ‘Avengers’ Star * Mark Ruffalo Wants Hillary Primaried

* Whoever he is.

I have that posted further up the thread (there just is soon much today) - I looked at his pic in the article and I don't think I have ever seen him, but it says he plays 'The Hulk" in the next Avengers film.

• Like 1

Video: Pay-for-play at Clinton Foundation for Haiti relief?
Ed Morrissey

April 24, 2015

It’s not the first time this allegation has arisen. A month ago, the Washington Post did some digging on the Clinton Foundation’s operations in Haiti and found evidence that the Clintons were more interested in making money for themselves and their cronies than in helping the Haitians. They put money in fancy hotels and business parks, and Hillary’s brother mysteriously appeared as one of the principals in a gold-mine operation. The Post acknowledged that author Peter Schweizer dug up that nugget, about which Bill Clinton claimed ignorance:

(Snip)

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also

I bet she won't.

There is this 1st martini

Today's Martinis: Liberals tire of defending Hillary

@Geee

FYI I recall you asking about this.

DU

2 Questions about the Clinton Foundation
1) Did the funds received by the Clinton Foundation both domestic and foreign go
100% to charity outside of operational and administrative expenses?

(Snip)

6. Answer: 1: NO. Only 32% of CGI revenue was spend on grants paid out.

221412.jpg

Reported prior year figures reported on their 2013 Form 990:

Revenue: $28,221,924

Grants paid: $8,975,872

Salaries, benefits: $6,949,577

Other expenses: $12,296,668

Less than 32% of the revenue was spent on grants paid out.
Over 24% was spent on salaries and benefits.
"Other expenses" accounted for almost 44%.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2013/271/551/2013-271551550-0b0d6513-9.pdf

@Geee

FYI I recall you asking about this.

DU

2 Questions about the Clinton Foundation

1) Did the funds received by the Clinton Foundation both domestic and foreign go

100% to charity outside of operational and administrative expenses?

(Snip)

6. Answer: 1: NO. Only 32% of CGI revenue was spend on grants paid out.

221412.jpg

Reported prior year figures reported on their 2013 Form 990:

Revenue: $28,221,924

Grants paid: $8,975,872

Salaries, benefits: $6,949,577

Other expenses: $12,296,668

Less than 32% of the revenue was spent on grants paid out.

Over 24% was spent on salaries and benefits.

"Other expenses" accounted for almost 44%.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2013/271/551/2013-271551550-0b0d6513-9.pdf

Better than the 15% I read, but still dismal.

I watched the Bret Baier Special. It was absolutely disgusting - and the most disgusting thing is that nothing will ever come of it and if she ends up becoming President of this country - shame on the ignorant people who vote for her.

• Like 1

I watched the Bret Baier Special. It was absolutely disgusting - and the most disgusting thing is that nothing will ever come of it and if she ends up becoming President of this country - shame on the ignorant people who vote for her.

IF being the operative word. If this is still a major story on (?) May 10......2 things 1. Hillary is done....2. Our "friends" in the Democratic party will have a "small slight" problem. Summed up in the phrase "Oh Crap, Now What Do We Do!"

kino_popkorn.jpg