Hugh Hewitt talks to Governor Scott Walker

Valin

governor-scott-walker-talks-foreign-policyHugh Hewitt Show:

Duane Patterson

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

After appearing at a Chamber of Commerce lunch with Hugh, the Wisconsin Governor dropped by the studios of KKNT 960 in Phoenix to continue the discussion.

Audio

(Snip)

HH: It does to the question of judgment, Governor Walker. And earlier today, Eliana Johnson said of your campaign in National Review, “the best of times, the worst of times.” And yesterday on this program, Dave Weigel said Walker’s going to be haunted by the speech where he compared public employee unions to ISIS, and I said “He actually didn’t do that.” But nevertheless, the small becomes large, and the large becomes small. What do you think of the President’s judgment, not your judgment, but the President’s judgment as it’s evolving and unfolding?

SW: Well, the unfortunate reality is this is what happens when you put someone in office who’s never led before. He’s not listening. When you’re a governor, you’re a mayor, you’re a county executive wherever you’re at, and when you have a cabinet and you have to act on behalf of not just the people who elected you, but the whole group, the whole constituency as we talked about a little bit at lunch. You’ve got to lead, and you’ve got to listen to people who hopefully are smart or smarter than you are on any given topic. You ultimately have to make the decision. This president, unfortunately, having been a senator, a state senate, and community organizer, never led anything. And so he’s never been in a position to make those sorts of judgments. And so we’ve seen time and time again, they’re just faulty decisions, which would be one thing if it was something off on the side. But this is affecting not only American policy and American lives, but people around the world.

HH: You mentioned today, you called it “the safety issue,” not the “national security issue,” that sort of brings, explain to people why you use that terminology.

SW: I do, because I think it’s come to the forefront not so much because “national security,” that, to me, as I said [at lunch], is on page 6A of the newspaper where only a handful of us read into that. But when people see the videos, when they see the Jordanian burned alive in a cage, when they see the Egyptian Christians who were beheaded, when they see some of these other folks from around the world, including James Foley, who went to Marquette University where my son’s a junior, and suddenly, that becomes very real to everyday Americans.

(Snip)