CPAC 2015 Kicks Off With Heavy 2016 Presidential Speaking Line-Up

Valin

cpac-2015-kicks-off-with-heavy-2016-presidential-speaking-lineup-n1962262Townhall:

Katie Pavlich

Feb 26, 2015

The 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference kicks off today at the Gaylord National Harbor Hotel in Maryland, just outside of Washington D.C. This year's conference will no doubt determine the future of the Republican Party and possibly the country as potential 2016 presidential candidates hit the stage to make their case.

"The American Conservative Union has an important role to play as the Republican presidential nominating process begins at CPAC 2015. Nearly every top-tier candidate will appear and speak at the event. Our goal is to continue the tradition of bringing together the leaders of the conservative movement with activists from around the country. We want to have a meaningful discussion about conservative policy solutions while getting the first major look at those who would seek to lead conservatives and Republicans. 2015 is the critical year, due in large part to the fact that conservatives will play the largest role in picking the next GOP nominee in key states," American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp told Fox News' Dana Perino recently. "The field is large, interesting, and filled with strong candidates. I believe the most important role of ACU is to encourage a lively debate and primary process while at the same time reminding activists that the goal is to defeat the Democratic candidate. We want a conservative standard bearer, balanced with the absolute necessity to win. A Democratic win that would mirror a third Obama term would be a catastrophe for the federal judiciary, American energy production, the regulatory state and with the reemergence of the threat from radical Islam. The conservative movement needs to be ready for its close-up because the stakes are high."

Potential 2016 GOP candidates slated to hit the CPAC stage over the next three days include Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal, Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, Scott Walker, Rand Paul, Mike Pence, Jeb Bush, Dr. Ben Carson, John Bolton, Marco Rubio and Rick Perry. Carson will kick off the conference Thursday morning as the first speaker.

(Snip)

Full CPAC 2015 Schedule

THURSDAY

8:40 a.m. Dr. Ben Carson

9:00 a.m. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)

12:00 p.m. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA)

1:00 p.m. Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)

1:20 p.m. Carly Fiorina

1:40 p.m. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

5:00 p.m. Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI)

5:20 p.m. Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)

5:40 p.m. Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)

FRIDAY

8:00 a.m. Newt Gingrich

8:30 a.m. Laura Ingraham

8:40 a.m. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

9:00 a.m. Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)

10:20 a.m. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)

11:00 a.m. Sean Hannity

11:15 a.m. Reince Priebus, RNC Chair

12:00 p.m. Donald Trump

12:20 p.m. Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)

12:40 p.m. Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

1:20 p.m. Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association

1:40 p.m. Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL)

4:20 p.m. Former Amb. John Bolton

SATURDAY

8:30 a.m. Mark Levin

2:40 p.m. Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA)

2:50 p.m. Special Guest TBA

3:50 p.m. Special Guest TBA

@Draggingtree

Moved it Here

Mike Lee at CPAC: Beware of “unserious” presidential candidates spouting conservative platitudes

POSTED AT 11:21 AM ON FEBRUARY 26, 2015 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Via Raw Story, the buzziest line from the morning session of opening day, received tepidly by an audience that’s there precisely because they want to spend a few days gorging on ideological red meat. This is like standing up in a crowded steakhouse and imploring people to consider the health benefits of vegetarianism. Good argument, wrong venue.

Who’s this directed at and who’s it aimed at benefiting? One obvious target is Trump. Another is Ben Carson, the man who preceded Lee on stage this morning. Both of them are positioning themselves as right-wing populists, the sort of 2016 niche that’s coveted by — ta da — Mike Lee’s frequent ally Ted Cruz. He’s the main beneficiary of this, I assume. even though Cruz himself is often derided by big media as being Scissors-32x32.png

angry.png I don't know who is in charge of messaging at this years CPAC but (so far) they really suck. Ben Carson is the only full speech out there, and nothing, not even clips on the panels.

Carly Fiorina: Hillary Clinton never did anything. In other breaking shocking news its cold in Minnesota in February.

Oh and Carly says shes great!

Let's ask people who have been longtime employees of H-P about that.

I really don't know why see is running. Unless its to get her name in the news. My mother has as good a chance of winning the nomination....and she's been dead 10 years.

Unless she is really running for VP....that could be it.

Cyber_Liberty

Carly Fiorina: Hillary Clinton never did anything. In other breaking shocking news its cold in Minnesota in February.

I really don't know why see is running. Unless its to get her name in the news. My mother has as good a chance of winning the nomination....and she's been dead 10 years.

Hey, Your Mum could always be a Dem, right? I mean, look at Biden!

(Sorry for your loss. My Mommy is alive and well, living a couple of streets over from me. I feel blessed every time I get to see her.)

Hey, Your Mum could always be a Dem, right? I mean, look at Biden!

(Sorry for your loss. My Mommy is alive and well, living a couple of streets over from me. I feel blessed every time I get to see her.)

Mom was smarter than that!

CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush

Seth McLaughlin

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A movement is underway to stage an informal protest when former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush hits the CPAC stage Friday.

William Temple, a member of the Golden Isle Tea Party, told The Washington Times that the party doesnt need another Bush in office, and said that the party should listen to the grass-roots activists that helped fuel their gains in the 2014 election.

A lot of peoples were not going to come here because they heard Jeb Bush was speaking, Mr. Temple said before laying out his plan at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

We are going to get up en masse, and we are going to walk out on him, the 64-year-old said. We are not going to interrupt anyones speech, but we are all going to exercise our right to [use] the bathroom at the same time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And This is a great chance to get our names in the paper!

Wayne Dupree – American Conservative Union’s Blogger of the Year

James P Willis

28 February, 2015

Congratulations to Wayne Dupree of WAAR Media for being awarded the American Conservative Union’s Blogger of the Year Award at CPAC 2015!

Wayne is an Air Force veteran, former Democrat, and is now an enthusiastic Conservative. He is the founder of WAAR Media group, and Wayne Dupree.com / Newsninja2012.com. His We Are America Radio network has nominated for multiple awards at Blog Bash, the nation’s largest gathering of Conservative blogger. This year’s Best In Show for Podcasts went to Behind Enemy Lines featuring Gene Berardelli and Russ Gallo.

(Snip)

Draggingtree
Elections Have Consequences, But Not “Consequences” Consequences, You Revanchist Tea Party Short-Bussers!

Posted on | March 1, 2015 | 9 Comments

by Smitty

Just a side note in a Hot Air post,

. . .Republicans in the Senate have been pressing for the interpretation of a rules governing budgetary reconciliation that would allow the upper chamber to pass a full repeal of [ObamaCare] with a simple majority vote rather than with the support of 60 Senators (requiring at least six Democratic defections). Latest week, Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough ruled that such a maneuver would not be possible.

Interesting. From The Hill link above:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Tea Party groups, including FreedomWorks and the Senate Conservatives Fund, have called on the Republican-led Congress to use reconciliation on ObamaCare. Scissors-32x32.png

http://theothermccain.com/2015/03/01/elections-have-consequences-but-not-consequences-consequences-you-revanchist-tea-party-short-bussers/