Coffee Shop

Rheo

As you know I do a music post at The Porch. There is a good reason why I rarely post anything later than the 90's......actually the 80's. I'm sure there is some very fine music being made today, but I just can't dig through all the crap to find it.

rs_560x415-140528160224-1024.sam-smith.j

Sam Smith...rich "singer".

4ec7641504ded.image.jpg

Ernest Kuhl

Which one was really brave?

This may be legal but it is astoundingly stupid of Jeb Bush to do this. I predict this will backfire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/02/09/jeb-bush-to-release-emails-from-his-tenure-as-florida-governor/

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/jeb-bush-email-scandal-database/

http://jebemails.com/email/search

EDIT

To my point

From

http://twitchy.com/2015/02/10/so-remember-when-transparency-was-good-jeb-bushs-release-of-300000-emails-shines-light-on-lib-hypocrisy/

However, just because the records are in the public record doesn’t mean Jeb Bush is entirely in the clear. He could have redacted some of the personal information before he posted it. For example, one email Twitchy reviewed (and is not posting or linking to) between Bush and a veteran looking for help on paying off student loans includes the soldier’s Social Security number. We’ll see if Bush makes any changes to the database to address these concerns.

Jeb Bush's email transparency experiment goes horribly wrong (update)

There are very simple tools to detect and strip email/phone/ssn out of a database. This sounds like a major f'up.

You guy may very well be correct. But Knowing that they would come out, better to put them out now yourself.

This may be legal but it is astoundingly stupid of Jeb Bush to do this. I predict this will backfire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/02/09/jeb-bush-to-release-emails-from-his-tenure-as-florida-governor/

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/jeb-bush-email-scandal-database/

http://jebemails.com/email/search

EDIT

To my point

From

http://twitchy.com/2015/02/10/so-remember-when-transparency-was-good-jeb-bushs-release-of-300000-emails-shines-light-on-lib-hypocrisy/

However, just because the records are in the public record doesn’t mean Jeb Bush is entirely in the clear. He could have redacted some of the personal information before he posted it. For example, one email Twitchy reviewed (and is not posting or linking to) between Bush and a veteran looking for help on paying off student loans includes the soldier’s Social Security number. We’ll see if Bush makes any changes to the database to address these concerns.

Jeb Bush's email transparency experiment goes horribly wrong (update)

There are very simple tools to detect and strip email/phone/ssn out of a database. This sounds like a major f'up.

You guy may very well be correct. But Knowing that they would come out, better to put them out now yourself.

@clearvision

@Valin

Just because things are public record does not mean that you make it convenient for the prurient to search the records.

• Like 1

Irrelevancy In History!

2003 - The U.N. nuclear agency declared North Korea in violation of international treaties. The complaint was sent to the Security Council.

• Like 1

Martin Heidegger, Call Your Office

Steven Hayward

February 12, 2015

Martin Heidegger’s “Rector’s Address” at Freiburg University in 1933 was one of the milestones—and therefore lowest points—of the rise of Nazism in Germany, as his profession that Nazism represented the “inner truth and greatness of the German people” was prelude to his purging the university of Jewish faculty and students. I’ve been wondering how long before this sentiment re-emerged explicitly in American universities, especially those enamored of anti-Israel gestures such as “divestment” and banning the purchase of goods and equipment manufactured by Israel-based businesses.

It hasn’t happen yet, but there’s this today, from Inside Higher Ed:

(Snip)

Obama adviser John Podesta's biggest regret: Keeping America in dark about UFOs
Caitlin Dickson

Feb. 13 2015

Outgoing senior Obama adviser John Podesta reflected on his latest White House stint Friday, listing his favorite moments and biggest regrets from the past year. Chief among them: depriving the American people of the truth about UFOs.

(Snip)

wacko.png

The Week in Pictures: Media Rending of Garments Edition

Steven Hayward

February 14, 2015

So which is the worst news of the week if you are a denizen of the liberal media: Brian Williams getting the slow-motion sack, or Jon Stewart leaving The Daily Show? We’re not done smacking Williams around since more and more tall tales are emerging, and of course we’re never done smacking Obama around.

NBC-Armed-copy.jpg,qresize=542,P2C328.pa

(Snip)

Williams-over-Obama-copy.jpg,qresize=386

Ready-for-Warren-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2

Oops, wrong Warren I think.

(Snip)

Shades-of-Jeb-copy.jpg,qresize=547,P2C41

Defeat-ISIS-copy.jpg,qresize=552,P2C384.

I think this fellow flunked his price theory class:

Price-Theory-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C375

(Snip)

Beethovan-Ninth-copy.jpg,qresize=401,P2C

Pig-Power-copy.jpg,qresize=403,P2C518.pa

(Snip)

Dead-Mouse-copy.jpg,qresize=498,P2C309.p

And finally. . .

Hot-20C-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C386.page

dry.png Ya know regarding these last pictures every week, I'm beginning to detect some sort of theme....a meme if you will. Can't quite figure out what it is, but I'm working on it.

• Like 2

@Valin

Peanut has outlived his expiration date by.....at least 50 years.

Being a profound embarrassment to US citizenry....and the 2nd worse pResident ever....dwarfs any contribution his dementia laden 90 year old carcass can now make.

This look at the Facebook persona of the Chapel Hill shooter Craig Hicks is totally missing from the MSM portrayal.

I can only imagine the blazing headlines and breathless reporters if a fraction of his "likes" included a conservative or TEA PARTY connection or even some TRR "Likes".

http://pjmedia.com/blog/who-is-to-blame-for-the-chapel-hill-murders-the-anti-muslim-hate-crimes-industry/

Here's a brief look at this hard core leftest, progressive, non-Christian, and probably life long DEM voter.

From the looks of his Facebook page, Hicks is hardly the right-wing, anti-Muslim Islamophobic redneck of their hysterical fantasies; instead, he is a hardcore leftist and fan of the Huffington Post and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Those two are among his huge and revealing list of “Likes,” which shows him much more preoccupied with Christianity than with Islam. He likes the atheists Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and Bill Maher, all of whom have criticized Islam, but his page includes none of their statements about Islam. He likes many anti-Christian groups but no groups that are critical of Islam, and he even likes a group called “Obama Backs Mosque Near Ground Zero: ‘This is America,’” praising Obama for supporting the Ground Zero Mosque.

Other “Likes” from Hicks’ Facebook page include Bill Nye The Science Guy; Sarah Silverman; Penn & Teller: Bullshit!; Stop the World, the Teabaggers Want Off; LGBT / Atheist Alliance; Scary Bible Quote of the Day; World Atheists: Lets Kick Islam and Christianity out of Africa; Merry christmyth; Pass The 28th Amendment – Complete Removal Of The Church From The State; The Rachel Maddow Fan Page; Pissing Off The Religious Right; Keep your Bible out of our Vaginas; Mitt Romney Sucks; Separation of Church and State; Still here? Silly Christians; Jesus McChrist; Denying Evolution Won’t Make Your God Any More Real; Dogs Against Romney; The Atheist’s Bible Commentary; Organization for Educating Misinformed Tea Party Patriots; GOPHypocrisy; Liberals Against Conservative Propaganda; Arrest the Pope and Tax Religion; Not wasting my Sundays at church; Network for Church Monitoring; Dominionism is destroying America; Christians vs. Atheists; Americans United for Separation of Church and State; Stop The Westboro Baptist Church!; and many, many more. Oh, and Gun Toting Liberal.

Hey MSM... has the cat got your tongue?

• Like 1