Watch as Josh Earnest is forced to admit that Obama misled the public

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
watch-as-josh-earnest-is-forced-to-admit-that-obama-misled-the-publicHot Air:

Speaking before a group of Democratic supporters on Thursday night, President Barack Obama took a victory lap of sorts when he touched on the pace of the economic recovery.

“There is no economic metric by which we are not better off than when I took office,” Obama asserted. “And that is because of the extraordinary will and dedication of the American people, but also because all of you have done a terrific job. And I’m proud of you for that.”

During Friday’s press briefing, CBS News reporter Mark Knoller probed White House Press Sec. Josh Earnest about the president’s claim and asked if Obama included the national debt in his list of positive metrics.

Pockets of muted laughter from the press corps could be heard as Earnest responded. “What the president has noted is that when you evaluate the deficit, and the deficit is actually fallen by two-thirds since he’s taken office,” Earnest evaded, “and the way that we measure that is actually the way that economists measure that.”

“They don’t look at just the sum total,” Earnest noted. Of course, because “sum totals” are often so frustratingly grim. “What they do is they evaluate the deficit as the percentage of the economy.”

Knoller , observing that his question has not yet been answered, again asked about the national debt. “Which has gone up 70 percent on [Obama’s] watch” the CBS reporter observed.

While he pondered how to respond to this damning line of questioning, Earnest conceded that he had no way of massaging the national debt by evaluating it as a relative percentage of some other index more favorable to the administration. Instead, he tried to again evade Knoller’s question by making note of Obama’s proposals to attempt to lower the debt – including and apparently limited to rising taxes.

“Might you concede that the debt is not a metric that shows we are better off?” Knoller asked for a third and final time.

“I think you would concede, as I would, that the raw math shows that the debt had increased,” Earnest finally answered.

________

Concession speech.

Cyber_Liberty

Now the press gets feisty?

It's an act to keep their audience. They'll get back on the plantation when the rats need them. They always do.

"Raw Math" as opposed to "Straw Math" which is used by the Oblunder regime to deflect bad numerals from his insane legacy of fail. Consumer Price Index, Unemployment figures, etc.