Blizzard 2015: How did the forecasts get it so wrong?

clearvision

blizzard-2015-how-did-the-forecasts-get-it-so-wrongCBS News:

It was supposed to be the storm of the century, a blizzard like no other that would dump two feet of snow on New York City and shut the Big Apple down for days.

Instead, New Yorkers awoke Tuesday to several inches of snow on the ground. Roads were mostly clear and the only headache was the fact the city had shut down the subways over fears of the impending snowstorm.

--------------

Because the media likes a good panic?

Deflated footballs, the Super Bowl, big storms, climate change, and money are all connected. I know this because a guy in a bow tie said so on CNN.

OK not everyone escaped. Boston area getting hit hard.

"It cut off Nantucket, where almost all 12,000 year-round residents lost power and telephone service"

There once was a man from Nantucket

He got so much snow he said....

He packed up his bag,

Took off in his Jag,

Now he sits at the beach with beer in a bucket.

• Like 1

I haven't looked at the forecast, but was it a matter of the forecast being actually wrong or the media/politicians freaking out?

Well both. I think the media ignores probabilities and the weather guys want to cover their butts.

Deflated footballs, the Super Bowl, big storms, climate change, and money are all connected. I know this because a guy in a bow tie said so on CNN.

I'm looking out the window, and it's really really dark. Could climate change have something to do with this?