Confronting Political Islam: Six Lessons from the West's Past

Valin

confronting-political-islam-six-lessons-from-the-wests-pastHeritage.org:

How should the Western world today respond to the challenges of political Islam? Taking an original approach to answer this question, Confronting Political Islam compares Islamism’s struggle with secularism to other prolonged ideological clashes in Western history. By examining the past conflicts that have torn Europe and the Americas – and how they have been supported by underground networks, fomented radicalism and revolution, and triggered foreign interventions and international conflicts – John Owen draws six major lessons to demonstrate that much of what we think about political Islam is wrong.

John M. Owen IV is the Ambassador Henry J. Taylor and Mrs. Marion R. Taylor Professor of Politics and a faculty fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture at the University of Virginia. He is the author of The Clash of Ideas in World Politics and Liberal Peace, Liberal War.

Confronting Political Islam: Six Lessons from the West's Past

Cyber_Liberty

BTW @Cyber_Liberty This is Closed Captioned...For Your Convenience smile.png

Dieter Valins Evil twin.

Thanks! Now I just need to find an hour to watch it! Maybe tonight while I'm migrating data from my old Mac to my new Lenovo....

BTW @Cyber_Liberty This is Closed Captioned...For Your Convenience smile.png

Dieter Valins Evil twin.

Thanks! Now I just need to find an hour to watch it! Maybe tonight while I'm migrating data from my old Mac to my new Lenovo....

Life in the fast lane!