Carly Fiorina: Unlike Hillary Clinton, I've actually accomplished something

Valin

2559223Washington Examiner:

Justin Green

January 24, 2015

Potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina took a major swipe Saturday at Hillary Clinton during a speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit.

"Like Hillary Clinton, I too have travelled hundreds of thousands of miles around the globe. But unlike her, I have actually accomplished something," Fiorina said, according to her prepared remarks. "Mrs. Clinton, flying is an activity not an accomplishment."

Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, invoked Clinton's experience as secretary of state under President Obama to criticize the current administration.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cyber_Liberty

Carly seems like a decent enough person, and has some good experience dealing with government. But, she lost a major election, and the last time she was in charge of something, it was Hewlett Packard. One of her first actions was to spin off Agilent, leaving HP as just a manufacturer of computers and cheap printers that take expensive cartridges. She merged HP (a company that makes mediocre computers) with Compaq (a company that made truly awful computers). As a CEO, I have little respect for her and I'm glad I didn't work for HP.

Years after the spinoff, Agilent was so successful it actually spun off a separate company, Keysight Technologies.

I'd like to see her run again for Boxer's seat, but I'd rather not see her run for President. Please no.

Carly seems like a decent enough person, and has some good experience dealing with government. But, she lost a major election, and the last time she was in charge of something, it was Hewlett Packard. One of her first actions was to spin off Agilent, leaving HP as just a manufacturer of computers and cheap printers that take expensive cartridges. She merged HP (a company that makes mediocre computers) with Compaq (a company that made truly awful computers). As a CEO, I have little respect for her and I'm glad I didn't work for HP.

Years after the spinoff, Agilent was so successful it actually spun off a separate company, Keysight Technologies.

I'd like to see her run again for Boxer's seat, but I'd rather not see her run for President. Please no.

She's moved back to Va. so Cal. senate seat is out. I don't she has a chance of winning, still I'm glad she's out there.

Actually with one notable exception the Huckster I thought all these speeches were good. Rick Perry was a slight disappointment, seemed to be a series of applause lines, and IMO way to much Me..Me..Me...I...I...I. Walker was great, and I think Christie gave a good speech and did what he had to do. Even though I'd be surprised if he won. You know Christie is called a bully, but sometimes a bully is what is called for.

• Like 2

Cyber_Liberty

She's moved back to Va. so Cal. senate seat is out. I don't she has a chance of winning, still I'm glad she's out there.

Actually with one notable exception the Huckster I thought all these speeches were good. Rick Perry was a slight disappointment, seemed to be a series of applause lines, and IMO way to much Me..Me..Me...I...I...I. Walker was great, and I think Christie gave a good speech and did what he had to do. Even though I'd be surprised if he won. You know Christie is called a bully, but sometimes a bully is what is called for.

I agree with your overall assessment of the "Red Meat Tourney." I didn't know she moved to VA.

You're right about Christie being a bully sometimes, and we need one. I'm just afraid he'd spend more time training his guns on us, rather than the liberals. I live in AZ, where we have one "Republican" Senator that shoots at our side far more often than at Democrats, and another in training.

A bully is only good if he stays on your side.

• Like 1