It’s Not Merry Christmas Without The Cocktails

Draggingtree

It’s Not Merry Christmas Without The Cocktails

By Neal Dewing DECEMBER 23, 2014

Merry Christmas! As Bethany Mandel noted here in the Federalist the other day, it is indeed Christmas time. It’s no good pretending otherwise. Whether you’re trying to Scroogishly ignore the holiday, or Frankenstein it into some kind of trite “Winter Festival,” I’m here to tell you not to bother. You will fail. Christmas is irrepressible. Embrace the reality that Christmas is its own marvelous thing, and it’s going to stay that way. Scissors-32x32.png

The Winter Waltz

This recipe was sent to me by Father Kyle S. Since Father K is a Catholic priest, you can rest easy knowing this beverage was exhaustively tested before it ever came to me. It involves one ingredient that may be difficult to obtain, so check your local liquor stores. If you can’t find it, don’t fret—you can make it yourself.

You’ll need:

· 1 oz Bulleit rye whiskey

· 1 oz Laird’s Applejack

· 1/2 oz Amaro Averna

· 1/4 oz Allspice dram (this is the key ingredient)

· 2 dashes Angostura bitters

Chill a cocktail glass and set it aside. Add all ingredients to a shaker and do the needful. Pour into the glass and serve neat. Scissors-32x32.png

http://thefederalist.com/2014/12/23/its-not-merry-christmas-without-the-cocktails/