Searching for the Next Michael Brown

Draggingtree

searching_for_the_next_michael_brown.htmlAmerican Thinker:

December 18, 2014

Searching for the Next Michael Brown

By Colin Flaherty

Families are lining up to make their son the next Michael Brown. Waiting to tell their story of how racist cops killed their child For No Reason Whatsoever.

The latest example comes from Philadelphia, where, early Monday morning, police shot Brandon Tate-Brown. The details are familiar enough: the 26-year old Tate-Brown was driving at 3 a.m. without headlights when two officers stopped him.

If this stop was anything like most others, then Tate-Brown convinced himself he was being pulled over for one reason only: driving while black.

Soon after he got out of the car, a struggle began. That’s how reporters describe it, so they can leave open the journalistic possibility that instead of Tate-Brown resisting arrest and attacking police, maybe the cops attacked him For No Reason Whatsoever. Scissors-32x32.png

What the Stats Really Say About Racially Motivated Cop Killings

by SUSAN L.M. GOLDBERG

December 19, 2014 - 4:52 am

http://youtu.be/7zH1oUpCsn0

Larry Elder at Real Clear Politics breathes essential statistical insight into the ongoing fight over whether or not white cops have a predilection for shooting black men:

In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops.

Police shootings, nationwide, are down dramatically from what they were 20 or 30 years ago. The CDC reported that in 1968, shootings by law enforcement — called “legal intervention” by the CDC — was the cause of death for 8.6 out of every million blacks. For whites the rate was was .9 deaths per million.

By 2011, law enforcement shootings caused 2.74 deaths for every million blacks, and 1.28 deaths for every million whites. While the death-by-cop rate for whites has held pretty steady over these last 45 years Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/12/19/what-the-stats-really-say-about-racially-motivated-cop-killings/

@Draggingtree

“I would like to know why the police have the right to kill instead of disabling."

If there is a stupider question, please please I beg you don't let me know what it is.

Too many people watch too many cop shows/movie.

@Draggingtree

“I would like to know why the police have the right to kill instead of disabling."

If there is a stupider question, please please I beg you don't let me know what it is.

I know, if "they" only knew what duty as far as bring ones down.

Grand jury still probing HPD killing of unarmed man

By Cindy George | December 18, 2014 | Updated: December 18, 2014 7:45pm

A Harris County grand jury continued its investigation on Thursday into the January fatal shooting of an unarmed man by a Houston police officer

The panel, which was scheduled to interview its final witness on Thursday and worked through lunch, will meet again next Tuesday to potentially decide whether to indict or clear Officer Juventino Castro in the death of 26-year-old Jordan Baker.

The inquiry marks one of Harris County's first grand jury deliberations in a police shooting after recent unrest over the lack of indictments in the officer-involved deaths of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and Eric Garner in New York.

Baker's death has gained national attention as another unarmed black man killed by police, Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Grand-jury-set-to-weigh-HPD-killing-of-unarmed-man-5965369.php

@Draggingtree

As you may know I was a cop in the AF. So the 1st time we went to the range I'm 50 feet from the target with a .38, 6 rounds fired...3 hit the target, not the bullseye the target. Shoot him in the arm...Give Me A Break!

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

As you may know I was a cop in the AF. So the 1st time we went to the range I'm 50 feet from the target with a .38, 6 rounds fired...3 hit the target, not the bullseye the target. Shoot him in the arm...Give Me A Break!

thats what i am talkin about lightningbolt.gif