White House: Ron Klain's work handing out stimulus money good experience for Ebola czar

Draggingtree

2554977Washington Examiner:

White House: Ron Klain's work handing out stimulus money good experience for Ebola czar

BY BYRON YORK | OCTOBER 17, 2014 | 9:51 PM

President Obama's choice of veteran Democratic politico Ron Klain to serve as Ebola czar stunned many Republicans. Their first objection is that Klain has no experience in public health or infectious diseases. But in a larger sense, GOP critics see Klain, a former chief of staff for Vice Presidents Al Gore and Joe Biden, more as a political operative than a potential leader of the fight against Ebola.

What qualifies Klain for the job, the formal title of which is Ebola Response Coordinator? First, the White House makes no claim of any expertise in health matters. Instead, officials point to Klain's impressive Washington resume — the jobs with Gore and Biden, plus chief of staff for Clinton administration Attorney General Janet Reno and top positions with Senate Democrats.

But those are job titles Scissors-32x32.png

The End of Ebola?
Jonah Goldberg
October 20, 2014 8:46 AM

Oh I don’t mean as a disease. The plague rages on, alas. I mean as a driver of media hysteria, political finger-pointing and perpetual White House panic, it may be that we’ve seen the worst of Ebola here in the US. The incubation period is winding down. And, without new negative developments, I wouldn’t be surprised if the topic doesn’t even appear on the Sunday shows next weekend — such is the the half-life of our collective attention span.

(Snip)

Jonah, From your lips to Gods ears! If I never hear that word again, my life will be soooo much more fulfilling. If not can we please relegate this story to where it belongs....that would be page 3, below the fold.

• Like 1

Somewhat humorously the media is now asking why the country had hysteria....

Chicago Tribune: "Ebola and terrorism: Letting fear get the best of us"

CNN: "Ebola hysteria: An epic, epidemic overreaction"

I guess they had nothing to do with it...

• Like 1