Why Ted Cruz Could Win in 2016

Draggingtree

why-ted-cruz-could-win-in-2016The American Conservative: Why Ted Cruz Could Win in 2016 The freshman senator's charm and cunning combine a grassroots insurgent image with well-funded establishment connections.

By MICHAEL TRACEYSeptember 30, 2014

The following assertion may not seem immediately intuitive, but I believe it to be true: Ted Cruz is the current front-runner for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

First, I would implore all readers to watch a full Ted Cruz speech if he or she has not already. The man is simply a performative marvel. He manages to strike some sort of preternatural balance between fiery Southern Baptist sermon and stand-up comedy routine, invariably bringing crowds to their feet. In the era of the tweet-sized soundbite, Ted Cruz’s mastery of the one-liner and the pun are not trivial; they are integral to his success.

The only other potential candidate who holds a candle to Cruz in this regard is Scissors-32x32.png

Cruz’s Reckless Foreign Policy

By DANIEL LARISONSeptember 30, 2014, 12:01 AM

Perhaps the most worrisome thing about Ted Cruz is that he now bizarrely thinksforeign policy is his strong suit:

Indeed, ever since he played an instrumental role in last year’s government shutdown, Cruz has narrowed his agenda to focus on international affairs, both as an avenue to raise his profile among GOP donors and to pivot away from his reputation as a conservative kamikaze bent on wreaking havoc inside the halls of Congress [bold mine-DL].

That’s good thinking on Cruz’s part. It’s much better to be known as a hard-line kamikaze bent on wreaking havoc all over the world instead. The interesting thing about this report Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/cruzs-reckless-foreign-policy/